RobotLegs + HaXe + JS

Michael Cann
Looking for the best ways to do this, anyone got any clues?

I was planning on using David Peek's excellent port ( https://github.com/DavidPeek/robothaxe ) but I was wondering how to go about managing the view components. I was thinking that I could mimic the flash display list by creating a component that extends HtmlDom and implements IViewContainer, but im not sure this is the correct way to go about it.

Anyone tried this yet?

RE: RobotLegs + HaXe + JS

Lee Sylvester

Hey Micheal,

Cube is also a port of RobotLegs, but built in a way that works with JS, too.  I also have an example that demo’s both Flash and JS, which I could email to you.

Lee

Looking for the best ways to do this, anyone got any clues?

I was planning on using David Peek's excellent port ( https://github.com/DavidPeek/robothaxe ) but I was wondering how to go about managing the view components. I was thinking that I could mimic the flash display list by creating a component that extends HtmlDom and implements IViewContainer, but im not sure this is the correct way to go about it.

Anyone tried this yet?

Re: RobotLegs + HaXe + JS

Michael Cann
Hi Lee,

Ye I saw Cube, but I worked with RobotHaXe before which is why I tried using it first. I would love to see your example if you dont mind sharing.

Cheers,
Mike

On 1 December 2011 22:12, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Micheal,

Cube is also a port of RobotLegs, but built in a way that works with JS, too.  I also have an example that demo’s both Flash and JS, which I could email to you.

Lee

Looking for the best ways to do this, anyone got any clues?

I was planning on using David Peek's excellent port ( https://github.com/DavidPeek/robothaxe ) but I was wondering how to go about managing the view components. I was thinking that I could mimic the flash display list by creating a component that extends HtmlDom and implements IViewContainer, but im not sure this is the correct way to go about it.

Anyone tried this yet?

Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/

RE: RobotLegs + HaXe + JS

Lee Sylvester

Hi Michael,

I believe Marcus Bergstrom has the latest working version of the demo… @Marcus: is it possible you could forward it to Michael?

@Michael: If Marcus doesn’t read this, I’ll send it over myself :-)  but it will need some package renaming, as the one I have was written before I changed the packages around.

Lee

Re: RobotLegs + HaXe + JS

Quickform | Marcus Bergstrom
<base href="x-msg://118/">
Hi Michael,

You can get the simple demo from here: https://github.com/mquickform/Cube-Demo
This is the original demo, I am working on some other demos too (state machine, etc), but they are not ready to be put online yet.

What you don't get with the JS target at the moment is auto creation of your mediators. This because of the event system.
However, I believe this should be possible with DOM Level 3 events without having to do the workaround that you were talking about in your previous post.
For your workaround (essentially wrapping HtmlDom), you would need to wrap everything, which could be a pain...but doable.

I will be experimenting with that under the upcoming weeks and post my findings.

Regards,

Marcus Bergstrom