Remap flash to nme only during macro?

Manoel Neto
Hi,

I want to use Away3D to read DAE models and pre-process them into compressed binary files during build time. I though of using macros for this, but Away3D uses lots of flash.* classes which cannot be used in macros. Is there a way to remap flash to nme only during macros?

Re: Remap flash to nme only during macro?

Cauê W.
Hi Manoel!

That's a good question, but I don't think it is possible right now. As a workaround this limitation, you could compile a nme-powered preprocessor of DAE as an independent neko program, and call it with a macro by using neko.io.Process api

2011/10/14 Manoel Neto <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I want to use Away3D to read DAE models and pre-process them into compressed
binary files during build time. I though of using macros for this, but
Away3D uses lots of flash.* classes which cannot be used in macros. Is there
a way to remap flash to nme only during macros?

Re: Remap flash to nme only during macro?

George McBay
Neither flash nor nme APIs are available in macros, only a subset of
the neko API is available.    Also, unfortunately Process is one of
the neko classes that aren't supported (unless this changed very
recently, as of 2.08 I'm pretty sure it isn't supported still).

The best solution is probably basically what Cauê  suggested but use
Sys.command instead of io.Process and then kludge up your own
bidirectional communication (if you need that) using some combination
of arguments, output piping to files, etc.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Manoel!
> That's a good question, but I don't think it is possible right now. As a
> workaround this limitation, you could compile a nme-powered preprocessor of
> DAE as an independent neko program, and call it with a macro by using
> neko.io.Process api
> 2011/10/14 Manoel Neto <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to use Away3D to read DAE models and pre-process them into
>> compressed
>> binary files during build time. I though of using macros for this, but
>> Away3D uses lots of flash.* classes which cannot be used in macros. Is
>> there
>> a way to remap flash to nme only during macros?

Re: Remap flash to nme only during macro?

Manoel Neto
Thanks guys, I'll have to go with io.Process.

Le 14/10/2011 16:36, Manoel Neto a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I want to use Away3D to read DAE models and pre-process them into compressed
> binary files during build time. I though of using macros for this, but
> Away3D uses lots of flash.* classes which cannot be used in macros. Is there
> a way to remap flash to nme only during macros?

You could tweak DAE reader and isolate it from rendering code, I don't
see any reason why one should be dependent of the other.