Redis externs for nodeJs?

sledorze
Hi!

I'm looking for a nodeJs redis externs for this promising repo:
https://github.com/mranney/node_redis

So before spending too much time on it myself I ask just in case..

Thanks,

Stephane

P.S.: I've seen Richie's extern but they're based on an abandoned repo - too bad.

Re: Redis externs for nodeJs?

Dion Whitehead Amago
Ritchie's extern may be based on an abandoned repo, but they still
work (with Redis version 2.2.8)

Of course I'm *not* trying to discourage you from creating a more up
to date one, ha ha!

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a nodeJs redis externs for this promising repo:
> https://github.com/mranney/node_redis
>
> So before spending too much time on it myself I ask just in case..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephane
>
> P.S.: I've seen Richie's extern but they're based on an abandoned repo - too
> bad.

Re: Redis externs for nodeJs?

sledorze
Mmmmm..
I have not so much time writing externs, so maybe a better short term solution..

Do they provide pus / sub ? (that's what I am interested in)
I will also check if pub nub service is not a faster path to get work done and eventually redo that part later..

I am curious to know about your usage of it?

Thanks for the information,
Stephane

Re: Redis externs for nodeJs?

Dion Whitehead Amago

> Do they provide pus / sub ? (that's what I am interested in)
> I will also check if pub nub service is not a faster path to get work done
> and eventually redo that part later..

No, I think the pub/sub was added to Redis after the last time that
repo was modified.

> I am curious to know about your usage of it?

Like a memcache for player authentification data for an online game.

Re: Redis externs for nodeJs?

sledorze
Ok, thanks for the information!

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM, Dion Whitehead Amago [via Haxe] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do they provide pus / sub ? (that's what I am interested in)
> I will also check if pub nub service is not a faster path to get work done
> and eventually redo that part later..

No, I think the pub/sub was added to Redis after the last time that
repo was modified.

> I am curious to know about your usage of it?

Like a memcache for player authentification data for an online game.

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/Redis-externs-for-nodeJs-tp6941634p6941719.html

Stéphane Le Dorze