Redefinition of variable disabled in subclass is not allowed

Redefinition of variable disabled in subclass is not allowed

jamesbjackson
Hi Everyone,

I think this is a issue with how haxe handles multiple level's of external class inheritance,  I get the following compiler error.. "Redefinition of variable disabled in subclass is not allowed", Standard JS goal is to be an as close to perfect match of the JavaScript API as possible which means this is how the API is written. Is there a possible work around to this or can it be fixed int the compiler?

James

Re: Redefinition of variable disabled in subclass is not allowed

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 31/10/2011 12:08, James Jackson a écrit :
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I think this is a issue with how haxe handles multiple level's of external class inheritance,  I get the following compiler error.. "Redefinition of variable disabled in subclass is not allowed", Standard JS goal is to be an as close to perfect match of the JavaScript API as possible which means this is how the API is written. Is there a possible work around to this or can it be fixed int the compiler?

Simply skip redefinition.

If the redifition is of different type, this will not work with haXe and
is actually not valid OOP (unless you have native overloads).

Re: Redefinition of variable disabled in subclass is not allowed

jamesbjackson
oh :-( going to see I work a way around this so it will work in HaXe as I matching the W3C javascript specs as much as I humanly can for HaXe so thanks Nicolas I will dig deeper...  :-)

James