Re: (SWHX) Fullscreen = On Top?

Juan Delgado
Hi there,

I'm having this very same problem today. Can I have a fullscreen SWHX
app that is not always on top? From swhx.Window constructor it seems
you can define one but not the 2 of them. I'd need fullscreen NOT on
top.

Is this possible now? Would be possible to give the focus to the
launched file/application?

Cheers!

Juan

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 3:17 PM, Elliott Carlson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a full screen app running that will be launching some PDF's that will
> be included with the presentation – however it seems that SWHX sets the
> screen to be always on top. Is there a way to get new windows to open on top
> of my application and ensuring that my presentation doesn't force it's way
> on top?
>

>  - E

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://dandolachapa.com
http://loqueyosede.com

Re: (SWHX) Fullscreen = On Top?

Ian Thomas
Could you set the window flags to WF_PLAIN and just manually set the
window size to the screen size using systools.Display.getScreenSize()
- rather than setting fullscreen=true?

(I've no idea if it'll do what you want, but might be worth a try...)

Ian

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm having this very same problem today. Can I have a fullscreen SWHX
> app that is not always on top? From swhx.Window constructor it seems
> you can define one but not the 2 of them. I'd need fullscreen NOT on
> top.
>
> Is this possible now? Would be possible to give the focus to the
> launched file/application?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Juan

Re: (SWHX) Fullscreen = On Top?

Juan Delgado
Hehe, I thought the same.

Yes, you can set up the window size to the screen size and position
the window in 0,0 position. However, that leaves the screen with the
title bar and close button, which is not what people truly want.

I'm asking this because I got a guy in a Flash forum having trouble
launching a ppt file from a fullscreen, regular Flash-IDE created
desktop app. I thought about giving it a go on SWHX/HippoHX and found
out the "problem".

If can't be done, can't be done, just thought I should ask first.

Cheers!

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Ian Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you set the window flags to WF_PLAIN and just manually set the
> window size to the screen size using systools.Display.getScreenSize()
> - rather than setting fullscreen=true?
>
> (I've no idea if it'll do what you want, but might be worth a try...)
>
> Ian
>
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm having this very same problem today. Can I have a fullscreen SWHX
>> app that is not always on top? From swhx.Window constructor it seems
>> you can define one but not the 2 of them. I'd need fullscreen NOT on
>> top.
>>
>> Is this possible now? Would be possible to give the focus to the
>> launched file/application?
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Juan

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://dandolachapa.com
http://loqueyosede.com

Re: (SWHX) Fullscreen = On Top?

Ian Thomas
Will WF_PLAIN not fix that?

Ian

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hehe, I thought the same.
>
> Yes, you can set up the window size to the screen size and position
> the window in 0,0 position. However, that leaves the screen with the
> title bar and close button, which is not what people truly want.
>
> I'm asking this because I got a guy in a Flash forum having trouble
> launching a ppt file from a fullscreen, regular Flash-IDE created
> desktop app. I thought about giving it a go on SWHX/HippoHX and found
> out the "problem".
>
> If can't be done, can't be done, just thought I should ask first.
>
> Cheers!

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Ian Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Could you set the window flags to WF_PLAIN and just manually set the
>> window size to the screen size using systools.Display.getScreenSize()
>> - rather than setting fullscreen=true?
>>
>> (I've no idea if it'll do what you want, but might be worth a try...)
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm having this very same problem today. Can I have a fullscreen SWHX
>>> app that is not always on top? From swhx.Window constructor it seems
>>> you can define one but not the 2 of them. I'd need fullscreen NOT on
>>> top.
>>>
>>> Is this possible now? Would be possible to give the focus to the
>>> launched file/application?
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Juan

> Juan Delgado - Zárate
> http://zarate.tv
> http://dandolachapa.com
> http://loqueyosede.com

Re: (SWHX) Fullscreen = On Top?

Ian Thomas
(Or some other WF/combination of WF flags!)

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Ian Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Will WF_PLAIN not fix that?
>
> Ian
>
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hehe, I thought the same.
>>
>> Yes, you can set up the window size to the screen size and position
>> the window in 0,0 position. However, that leaves the screen with the
>> title bar and close button, which is not what people truly want.
>>
>> I'm asking this because I got a guy in a Flash forum having trouble
>> launching a ppt file from a fullscreen, regular Flash-IDE created
>> desktop app. I thought about giving it a go on SWHX/HippoHX and found
>> out the "problem".
>>
>> If can't be done, can't be done, just thought I should ask first.
>>
>> Cheers!

>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Ian Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Could you set the window flags to WF_PLAIN and just manually set the
>>> window size to the screen size using systools.Display.getScreenSize()
>>> - rather than setting fullscreen=true?
>>>
>>> (I've no idea if it'll do what you want, but might be worth a try...)
>>>
>>> Ian

>> Juan Delgado - Zárate
>> http://zarate.tv
>> http://dandolachapa.com
>> http://loqueyosede.com

Re: (SWHX) Fullscreen = On Top?

Juan Delgado
Yes, it does, sorry.

So, does this sound ok:

Full screen + always on top = use full screen flag

Full screen + not always on top = Window PLAIN + System Screen size

??

>>> http://dandolachapa.com
>>> http://loqueyosede.com

Juan Delgado - Zárate