Re: Flash game programming in haXe (Koree Jones)

Re: Flash game programming in haXe (Koree Jones)

NekoHaxe
You can use a series of sprites or a movieclip for your animations, but this
will cause some overhead. If you want serious performance you will need to
do blitting, using bitmaps and bitmapData.

This page has some good tutorials on as3 game coding. You can easily
transport that to haxe.

http://www.8bitrocket.com/

Carlos
   2. Flash game programming in haXe (Koree Jones)
Hi Franco,
I gave the boot.hx file a cursory glance and yes it is not the same as the boot.hx file in my current haxe installation. Why is that? Did I do somethign wrong? So what is the solution? should I just paste it?

Thanks,
Mathew

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I attach the php.Boot file of version 2.01. Check if they are the same please.

Franco.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:02 AM, mathew wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Franco,
You're quick to respond as always and thank you! What particular test code should I send you? And how do I check the version of the std library? My compiler version is Haxe Compiler 2.01 - (c)2005-2008 Motion-Twin.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems like something is not correctly in sync. At line 218 of the generated code I have not that call.

Can you send me the tested code and check that the versions of the compiler and the std library are correct?

Franco

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 4:21 PM, mathew wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
Upon seeing the good news of from Nicolas about Haxe 2.01, I proceeded to upgrade my existing HaXe installation by building it from the source as per outlined by the documentation. To my surprise I keep getting this strange error
Fatal error
: Call to undefined function _hx_anonymous() in /var/www/haxe/app/lib/php/Boot.class.php on line 218

I tried to run the installation again to see if I missed something. Much to my dismay the error continues to persist.

Thanks,
Mathew

If I wanted to make a Flash game in haXe, what method would I use to animate sprites on the screen? I've seen Sprite and Movieclip classes in Flash, but am unsure what the difference is between them and which would be appropriate for the entire game screen and which would be appropriate for individual game sprites, as well as the actual method I would use to animate the sprites. Would I have to write my own animation process or make a series of images into a movie clip to be played back as needed?

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/

Re: Re: Flash game programming in haXe (Koree Jones)

Tony Polinelli

Blitting is fast - but it isnt that useful if you want to rotate your sprites at all. We've found that pre-caching vector animations (or loading bitmap frames) is still about twice as fast as rencdering the vectors - probably depending on how complex character animations are. You wouldnt want to use a series of sprites - but flicking between the bitmapdata of a bitmap is fast, or just moving the x offset of a jpeg (png saved with jpeg compression for alpha) which contains many frames (think a filmstrip) is good to. Here's an  old example i put up in as3

http://blog.touchmypixel.com/archives/5

http://www.touchmypixel.com