Re: Fatal error on haXe/PHP

Franco Ponticelli
I attach the php.Boot file of version 2.01. Check if they are the same please.

Franco.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:02 AM, mathew wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Franco,
You're quick to respond as always and thank you! What particular test code should I send you? And how do I check the version of the std library? My compiler version is Haxe Compiler 2.01 - (c)2005-2008 Motion-Twin.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems like something is not correctly in sync. At line 218 of the generated code I have not that call.

Can you send me the tested code and check that the versions of the compiler and the std library are correct?

Franco

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 4:21 PM, mathew wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
Upon seeing the good news of from Nicolas about Haxe 2.01, I proceeded to upgrade my existing HaXe installation by building it from the source as per outlined by the documentation. To my surprise I keep getting this strange error
Fatal error
: Call to undefined function _hx_anonymous() in /var/www/haxe/app/lib/php/Boot.class.php on line 218

I tried to run the installation again to see if I missed something. Much to my dismay the error continues to persist.

Thanks,
Mathew

Boot.hx (30K) Download Attachment

Re: Fatal error on haXe/PHP

mathew wong
Hi Franco,
I gave the boot.hx file a cursory glance and yes it is not the same as the boot.hx file in my current haxe installation. Why is that? Did I do somethign wrong? So what is the solution? should I just paste it?

Thanks,
Mathew

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Benjamin Dasnois
Hello,

I think you could just move it yes. That seems really strange to me
that it is located in your home folder. Anyway, moving the files
should do the trick but I would instead remove everything and do a
clean install.

Regards,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Franco Ponticelli
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am not a *nix user so I don't really know what is best for you but it
> really seems you are actually using the latest compiler version with an
> older std lib.
> Franco.
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:32 AM, mathew wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Alright I'll do that. Strange thing though....I still have my old HaXe
>> installation in my /usr/lib/haxe/ directory. And the new installation is
>> located in my /home/username/haxe/ directory. Do you thiink I should just
>> move all the files from my /home/username/haxe/ directory to my
>> /usr/lib/haxe/ directory?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mathew
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Franco Ponticelli
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't really know why your files are not updated. The classes that most
>>> likely have been changed from v.2.00 and v.2.01 are most likely Std,
>>> Reflect, Type and Boot but there are changes probably in other classes too.
>>> Try a clean install removing the old dir first.
>>> Franco.

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: Fatal error on haXe/PHP

clemos
You probably need to run the installer as root if you want to access
/usr/lib/haxe for writing, and if not run as root, maybe installer
chooses ~/haxe/ .
I'd also clear everything and make a clean install as root if I were you...
Also check that your environment variables are correctly set once the
install is done.

++++++
Clément

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:32 AM, mathew wong <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alright I'll do that. Strange thing though....I still have my old HaXe
> installation in my /usr/lib/haxe/ directory. And the new installation is
> located in my /home/username/haxe/ directory. Do you thiink I should just
> move all the files from my /home/username/haxe/ directory to my
> /usr/lib/haxe/ directory?
>
> Thanks,
> Mathew
>
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Franco Ponticelli
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I don't really know why your files are not updated. The classes that most
>> likely have been changed from v.2.00 and v.2.01 are most likely Std,
>> Reflect, Type and Boot but there are changes probably in other classes too.
>> Try a clean install removing the old dir first.
>> Franco.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:26 AM, mathew wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Franco,
>>> I gave the boot.hx file a cursory glance and yes it is not the same as
>>> the boot.hx file in my current haxe installation. Why is that? Did I do
>>> somethign wrong? So what is the solution? should I just paste it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mathew

Re: Fatal error on haXe/PHP

mathew wong
Ok thanks guys! but the strangest thing just happened. I fiddled around with my .bashrc script and pointed to the HaXe compiler in my /usr/local/haxe/ directory as per outlined in the Docs. I ran source /.bashrc, Ubuntu kept complaining that I could not run the HaXe compiler and couldn't access Vim cuz I don't have permission to do so! Really strange...so I uncommented the part of the script which pointed to /usr/local/haxe/. Everything ran well again, after some curiousity on my part I decided to compile HaXe to run PHP and much to my surprise it works! What a strange bug...

Thanks,
Mathew