Quitting an iOS application?

Joshua Harlan Lifton
How can the app cleanly exit in iOS? I would think
nme.system.System.exit(0) would do this, but calling this method only
causes the app to freeze and become unresponsive without removing it
from the screen. Furthermore, iOS still thinks the app is running, so
you need to force quit the app before you can relaunch it. I also
tried nme.Lib.close(), which made the app mostly unresponsive, which
was actually worse because the app was a little responsive, but in
unpredictable ways. I imagine there's an easy answer that I'm missing.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Quitting an iOS application?

Baluta Cristian
You can't quit an app from the app itself unless you crash it, you can only be notified when is about to quit or to enter background.

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Joshua Harlan Lifton <[hidden email]> wrote:
How can the app cleanly exit in iOS? I would think
nme.system.System.exit(0) would do this, but calling this method only
causes the app to freeze and become unresponsive without removing it
from the screen. Furthermore, iOS still thinks the app is running, so
you need to force quit the app before you can relaunch it. I also
tried nme.Lib.close(), which made the app mostly unresponsive, which
was actually worse because the app was a little responsive, but in
unpredictable ways. I imagine there's an easy answer that I'm missing.

Thanks,
Josh

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Quitting an iOS application?

Alex Liebert
Right- the iOS design spec doesn't really have a concept of 'quit'.  In fact, if you were to add code to do it, your app would be rejected from the app store.

If it's for debugging purposes though, you can choose 'Stop' from the run/debug menu in xcode while debugging and connected.

Alex

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, that makes it easy.

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Alex Liebert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Right- the iOS design spec doesn't really have a concept of 'quit'.  In
> fact, if you were to add code to do it, your app would be rejected from the
> app store.
> If it's for debugging purposes though, you can choose 'Stop' from the
> run/debug menu in xcode while debugging and connected.
> Alex
>
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> You can't quit an app from the app itself unless you crash it, you can
>> only be notified when is about to quit or to enter background.
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Joshua Harlan Lifton
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> How can the app cleanly exit in iOS? I would think
>>> nme.system.System.exit(0) would do this, but calling this method only
>>> causes the app to freeze and become unresponsive without removing it
>>> from the screen. Furthermore, iOS still thinks the app is running, so
>>> you need to force quit the app before you can relaunch it. I also
>>> tried nme.Lib.close(), which made the app mostly unresponsive, which
>>> was actually worse because the app was a little responsive, but in
>>> unpredictable ways. I imagine there's an easy answer that I'm missing.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Josh

>> Băluță Cristian
>> http://ralcr.com
>> http://imagin.ro

Re: Quitting an iOS application?

Baluta Cristian
For debugging purpose there's an abort command but don't know if it's implemented in nme.

Baluta Cristian
http://imagin.ro