Pushbutton for haXe

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pushbutton for haXe

Dion Amago
I've made good headway into porting the Pushbutton Engine to HaXe.
The Pushbutton Engine is a framework for making games, maximising the
reuseability of code and reducing the complexity of game creation.

The haxe port (named hydrax) lives here:
http://github.com/dionjwa/Hydrax

Rather than ramble here on why this is useful, I'd encourage you to
check out the Pushbutton website:
http://pushbuttonengine.com/

The Pushbutton Engine and Haxe are a very natural fit, especially with
regards to compiling to multiple platforms.

Regards,
Dion

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

Adam Wentz
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Dion Amago <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've made good headway into porting the Pushbutton Engine to HaXe.
The Pushbutton Engine is a framework for making games, maximising the
reuseability of code and reducing the complexity of game creation.

The haxe port (named hydrax) lives here:
http://github.com/dionjwa/Hydrax

Rather than ramble here on why this is useful, I'd encourage you to
check out the Pushbutton website:
http://pushbuttonengine.com/

The Pushbutton Engine and Haxe are a very natural fit, especially with
regards to compiling to multiple platforms.

Regards,
Dion

 
That's great news, thanks for putting this out! I really enjoy PBE and have wanted something similar for haXe. Do you know if it's currently compatible with the c++ target?

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

Dion Amago
It should be, except for the very platform specific parts like input
and resource loading. In short, my aim is for it to be compatible, but
I haven't tested the c++ platform as yet, I'm currently focusing on
flash and JavaScript (client and server).

On Friday, November 5, 2010, Adam Wentz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Dion Amago <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've made good headway into porting the Pushbutton Engine to HaXe.
> The Pushbutton Engine is a framework for making games, maximising the
> reuseability of code and reducing the complexity of game creation.
>
> The haxe port (named hydrax) lives here:
> http://github.com/dionjwa/Hydrax
>
> Rather than ramble here on why this is useful, I'd encourage you to
> check out the Pushbutton website:
> http://pushbuttonengine.com/
>
> The Pushbutton Engine and Haxe are a very natural fit, especially with
> regards to compiling to multiple platforms.
>
> Regards,
> Dion
>
>  That's great news, thanks for putting this out! I really enjoy PBE and have wanted something similar for haXe. Do you know if it's currently compatible with the c++ target?
>
>
>

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

slenkar
it renders box2d stuff easily so it seems, and has some good looking optimisation stuff like caching layers.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

slenkar
I tried to compile the demo and it said it needed hxjson2 , i tried haxelib install hxjson2  and it said 'no such project esists' althought i do see the project here

http://lib.haxe.org/p/hxJson2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

slenkar
oh sorry its case -sensitive
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

slenkar
the canvas demo worked, nothing was moving though (is that how its supposed to be?)
i see a circle and a baby on the canvas

the basic engine demo needs haxe.macro and complains about not having the right compilation flags

the noderemoting demo needs class js.node

template test needs xmltest 0.0.15 but when i installed it from haxelib it gave me the latest version 0.0.16 so it wouldnt compile

good work overall this looks promising
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

Jan_Flanders
In reply to this post by slenkar
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:14 PM, slenkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>i tried haxelib install hxjson2  and it said 'no such project esists' althought i do see the project here
> http://lib.haxe.org/p/hxJson2

The project names are case sensitive. hxJson2 instead of hxjson2

Jan

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pushbutton for haXe

Dion Amago
In reply to this post by slenkar
I am using the SVN version of haxe, perhaps macros aren't in the
regular downloadable version.

The demos are under heavy development right now, and will likely break
from time to time as I improve various bits.  I've just submitted some
fixes: you should definitely see movement in the canvas demo, but
movement may be dependent on using a newish/compatible browser, I
don't think IE is good at supporting the new HTML5 standards, but not
sure.

Dion

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:27 PM, slenkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> the canvas demo worked, nothing was moving though (is that how its supposed
> to be?)
> i see a circle and a baby on the canvas
>
> the basic engine demo needs haxe.macro and complains about not having the
> right compilation flags
>
> the noderemoting demo needs class js.node
>
> template test needs xmltest 0.0.15 but when i installed it from haxelib it
> gave me the latest version 0.0.16 so it wouldnt compile
>
> good work overall this looks promising
> --
> View this message in context: http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/Pushbutton-for-haXe-tp5709118p5710637.html
> Sent from the Haxe mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> --
> haXe - an open source web programming language
> http://haxe.org
>

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org