Practical Introductory post/tutorial about haXe

Practical Introductory post/tutorial about haXe

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Hello all,

After years being away from the overall flash platform community, some business moves led me back to it again, and I must say I love it! I always loved the flash platform and I'm happy to be back into the Flash/Flex world taking with me 3 years and a half of Rails experience... let's see where it goes!

So, to celebrate it, I wanted to take a peek on the status of haXe. I really liked the possibilities of using such technology and I'm considering it as my main tool for Flash development. To help get up to speed, I wrote an essay for myself that ended up being refactored into a practical simple tutorial on basic concepts behind haXe as well as how to create a simple cross-platform hello_world app. Here it is:

http://www.fullofcaffeine.com/2009/12/23/unifying-your-world-with-haxe/

Might be useful to introduce new users to haXe, or even to to some makreting around. Now, I hope to get more interesting things done in haXe soon, and I will be sharing with you guys.

Cheers,

Marcelo.