On-device tracing

rockswang@gmail.com
Hi folks,

How can I do on-device tracing in my android phone?
Currently if I connect my android device and PC with USB cable, then run "haxelib run nme test xxxx.nmml android", this will build the android executable and automatically transfer apk package to device and then launch it, I can then see lots of device-side messages  showing up in my PC console, this is terrific!
Now I wonder is it possible to programmely output my debug messages to this console too? something like a simple function call, e.g.: trace("hello world");

[hidden email] via foxmail

Re: On-device tracing

Gamehaxe
Yes, exactly like trace("hello world");

Hugh

> Hi folks,
>
> How can I do on-device tracing in my android phone?
> Currently if I connect my android device and PC with USB cable, then run
> "haxelib run nme test xxxx.nmml android", this will build the android
> executable and automatically transfer apk package to device and then
> launch it, I can then see lots of device-side messages  showing up in my
> PC console, this is terrific!
> Now I wonder is it possible to programmely output my debug messages to
> this console too? something like a simple function call, e.g.:
> trace("hello world");
>

> [hidden email] via foxmail

Re: On-device tracing

Juraj Kirchheim
To redirect traces, you can assign a different function to haxe.Log.trace.