[OT] Computer graphics and game programming books

[OT] Computer graphics and game programming books

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
So...

I'm planning to get my head deeper into CG and game programming. haXe is a great tool, but I won't go that far without good foundations. I'm a good programmer, and I did some very simple game programming in the past, but in the last 5 years I've been only doing web programming.

What books do you recommend? From CG to game programming. I'm not interested in language / technology specific titles, such as "Game programming in AS3 or Flash" - maybe only if they are really good - as I'm looking for foundations; I can figure out the high-level stuff myself :)

And of course, there's always the "Game Programming Gems" series, which I've read very good reviews already.

Cheers,

Marcelo.

Re: [OT] Computer graphics and game programming books

Baluta Cristian
For games i'd search something about cocos2d, i've read one good book for ios but may be for other platforms also.
Or if you want from scratch with physics try this: Game Physics Engine Development - Ian Millington

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <[hidden email]> wrote:
So...

I'm planning to get my head deeper into CG and game programming. haXe is a great tool, but I won't go that far without good foundations. I'm a good programmer, and I did some very simple game programming in the past, but in the last 5 years I've been only doing web programming.

What books do you recommend? From CG to game programming. I'm not interested in language / technology specific titles, such as "Game programming in AS3 or Flash" - maybe only if they are really good - as I'm looking for foundations; I can figure out the high-level stuff myself :)

And of course, there's always the "Game Programming Gems" series, which I've read very good reviews already.

Cheers,

Marcelo.

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: [OT] Computer graphics and game programming books

Julien CASTETS
Hi,

I've not read that but I think this is the best you can get

Hope it helps
Julien