New haXe Target !

Nicolas Cannasse
Hi list,

I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!

As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !

However one of the main platform used by many developers around the
world was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many
work hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon
allow you to target Visual Basic !

PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to
support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the
almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !

Enjoy DIM !

Re: New haXe Target !

Laurent Auneau
Shoot, I was hoping for Cobol!
Next year maybe ...

Laurent

2011/4/1 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>
Hi list,

I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!

As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !

However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow you to target Visual Basic !

PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !

Enjoy DIM !

Re: New haXe Target !

MarcWeber
Excerpts from Nicolas Cannasse's message of Fri Apr 01 17:27:23 +0200 2011:
> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
Which VisualBasic version are you talking about? The one targeting
.net?

Marc Weber

Re: New haXe Target !

Franco Ponticelli
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Marc Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excerpts from Nicolas Cannasse's message of Fri Apr 01 17:27:23 +0200 2011:
> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
Which VisualBasic version are you talking about? The one targeting
.net?

I really hope it is be VB5, so many memories ;)

Franco

p.s. I hate April 1

Re: New haXe Target !

Jan_Flanders
The 'Adobe one' didn't work for me last year, but you got me this time! haha

Jan

On 4/1/11, Laurent Auneau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Shoot, I was hoping for Cobol!
> Next year maybe ...
>
> Laurent
>

> 2011/4/1 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>>
>> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
>> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
>> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>>
>> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
>> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
>> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
>> you to target Visual Basic !
>>
>> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to
>> support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the
>> almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>>
>> Enjoy DIM !
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Re: New haXe Target !

Justin Donaldson-3
Awesome, I'm starting a library called hActiveXe

-Justin

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Jan Flanders <[hidden email]> wrote:
The 'Adobe one' didn't work for me last year, but you got me this time! haha

Jan

On 4/1/11, Laurent Auneau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Shoot, I was hoping for Cobol!
> Next year maybe ...
>
> Laurent
>

> 2011/4/1 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>>
>> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
>> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
>> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>>
>> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
>> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
>> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
>> you to target Visual Basic !
>>
>> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to
>> support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the
>> almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>>
>> Enjoy DIM !
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Re: New haXe Target !

Cauê W.
That's so great !!!!
Maybe we should change haXe to support arrays indices starting from 1 from now on then!!!

Or maybe "On Error Resume Next". That would be SO COOL!

:PP

2011/4/1 Justin Donaldson <[hidden email]>
Awesome, I'm starting a library called hActiveXe

-Justin

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Jan Flanders <[hidden email]> wrote:
The 'Adobe one' didn't work for me last year, but you got me this time! haha

Jan

On 4/1/11, Laurent Auneau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Shoot, I was hoping for Cobol!
> Next year maybe ...
>
> Laurent
>

> 2011/4/1 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>>
>> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
>> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
>> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>>
>> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
>> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
>> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
>> you to target Visual Basic !
>>
>> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to
>> support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the
>> almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>>
>> Enjoy DIM !
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Re: New haXe Target !

Cauê W.
I have a great implementation for on error resume next:

just make a try catch on each line of code like this:

var x = someFunc();
x.someOtherFunc();
return x;

will be converted to:

var x = null;
try x = someFunc() catch(e:Dynamic) {};
try x.someOtherFunc() catch(e:Dynamic) {}
try //that's the coolest part
{
return x;
} catch(e:Dynamic) {}

great times indeed!!! :P

2011/4/1 Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]>
That's so great !!!!
Maybe we should change haXe to support arrays indices starting from 1 from now on then!!!

Or maybe "On Error Resume Next". That would be SO COOL!

:PP

2011/4/1 Justin Donaldson <[hidden email]>
Awesome, I'm starting a library called hActiveXe

-Justin

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Jan Flanders <[hidden email]> wrote:
The 'Adobe one' didn't work for me last year, but you got me this time! haha

Jan

On 4/1/11, Laurent Auneau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Shoot, I was hoping for Cobol!
> Next year maybe ...
>
> Laurent
>

> 2011/4/1 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>>
>> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
>> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
>> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>>
>> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
>> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
>> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
>> you to target Visual Basic !
>>
>> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to
>> support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the
>> almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>>
>> Enjoy DIM !
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Re: New haXe Target !

Paul Zirkle
lol, nice april fools

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Nicolas Cannasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>
> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>
> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
> you to target Visual Basic !
>
> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to support
> the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the almighty
> Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>
> Enjoy DIM !
> Best,

Re: New haXe Target !

devon girard
hilarious!

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Paul Zirkle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> lol, nice april fools
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Nicolas Cannasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>>
>> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
>> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
>> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>>
>> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
>> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
>> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
>> you to target Visual Basic !
>>
>> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to support
>> the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the almighty
>> Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>>
>> Enjoy DIM !
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Re: New haXe Target !

bubblebenj
I was shoke

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>
> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>
> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
> you to target Visual Basic !
>
> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to support
> the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the almighty
> Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>
> Enjoy DIM !
> Best,

Re: New haXe Target !

I really appreciate all the hard work that must have gone into this new
target, but I am afraid that this might not be enough to expand haXe's
reach and innovate on the core feature set.

If I may, I propose that these efforts be focused on providing BASIC as a
platform language instead. Honestly, "modern" languages separate
developers too far from knowing which line number their code exists on,
(which is actually the mark of an excellent developer). We also could all
benefit from the GOTO control structure.

While I applaud your intent to expand the platform, we developers are
still too far removed from important hardware features, such as system
sounds. A haXe-powered Gorillas or Nibbles game would be entirely
forward-thinking. What use is it to support today's or tomorrow's devices
when we can't support devices from last century? Responsible growth for
the future always respects one's past.

Support for TI-84/86/89 assembly language also would be nice. When kids
aren't texting on cell phones, they could be playing haXe games on their
graphing calculator.

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:27:23 -0700, Nicolas Cannasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>
> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>
> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the
> world was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many
> work hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon
> allow you to target Visual Basic !
>
> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to
> support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the
> almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>
> Enjoy DIM !
> Best,

Re: New haXe Target !

Fei Yin
OMG ! Why you use visual basic , I think Visual J++ is better than VB !
----
Best regards

Yin Fei

2011/4/2 Joshua Granick <[hidden email]>:

> I really appreciate all the hard work that must have gone into this new
> target, but I am afraid that this might not be enough to expand haXe's reach
> and innovate on the core feature set.
>
> If I may, I propose that these efforts be focused on providing BASIC as a
> platform language instead. Honestly, "modern" languages separate developers
> too far from knowing which line number their code exists on, (which is
> actually the mark of an excellent developer). We also could all benefit from
> the GOTO control structure.
>
> While I applaud your intent to expand the platform, we developers are still
> too far removed from important hardware features, such as system sounds. A
> haXe-powered Gorillas or Nibbles game would be entirely forward-thinking.
> What use is it to support today's or tomorrow's devices when we can't
> support devices from last century? Responsible growth for the future always
> respects one's past.
>
> Support for TI-84/86/89 assembly language also would be nice. When kids
> aren't texting on cell phones, they could be playing haXe games on their
> graphing calculator.
>

> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:27:23 -0700, Nicolas Cannasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>>
>> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the
>> mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting
>> Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>>
>> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world
>> was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work
>> hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow
>> you to target Visual Basic !
>>
>> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to
>> support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the
>> almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>>
>> Enjoy DIM !
>> Best,
>> Nicolas
>>

> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: Re: [haXe] New haXe Target !

David Elahee
Excellent, at last we will have THE language!

Will it support .Net either ?

Cheerfully,
David.

ps: That remindly of a certain conversation we had N. ...

Le , tom rhodes <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> 10 PRINT "LOL"20 GOTO 10
>

> On 1 April 2011 21:13, Joshua Granick [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I really appreciate all the hard work that must have gone into this new target, but I am afraid that this might not be enough to expand haXe's reach and innovate on the core feature set.
>

> If I may, I propose that these efforts be focused on providing BASIC as a platform language instead. Honestly, "modern" languages separate developers too far from knowing which line number their code exists on, (which is actually the mark of an excellent developer). We also could all benefit from the GOTO control structure.
>

> While I applaud your intent to expand the platform, we developers are still too far removed from important hardware features, such as system sounds. A haXe-powered Gorillas or Nibbles game would be entirely forward-thinking. What use is it to support today's or tomorrow's devices when we can't support devices from last century? Responsible growth for the future always respects one's past.
>

> Support for TI-84/86/89 assembly language also would be nice. When kids aren't texting on cell phones, they could be playing haXe games on their graphing calculator.
>

> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:27:23 -0700, Nicolas Cannasse [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi list,
>

> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>

> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>

> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow you to target Visual Basic !
>

> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>

> Enjoy DIM !
>
> Best,

> Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: Re: [haXe] New haXe Target !

hhmin
try to support target  python...wow...

2011/4/2 <[hidden email]>
Excellent, at last we will have THE language!

Will it support .Net either ?

Cheerfully,
David.

ps: That remindly of a certain conversation we had N. ...

Le , tom rhodes <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> 10 PRINT "LOL"20 GOTO 10
>

> On 1 April 2011 21:13, Joshua Granick [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I really appreciate all the hard work that must have gone into this new target, but I am afraid that this might not be enough to expand haXe's reach and innovate on the core feature set.
>

> If I may, I propose that these efforts be focused on providing BASIC as a platform language instead. Honestly, "modern" languages separate developers too far from knowing which line number their code exists on, (which is actually the mark of an excellent developer). We also could all benefit from the GOTO control structure.
>

> While I applaud your intent to expand the platform, we developers are still too far removed from important hardware features, such as system sounds. A haXe-powered Gorillas or Nibbles game would be entirely forward-thinking. What use is it to support today's or tomorrow's devices when we can't support devices from last century? Responsible growth for the future always respects one's past.
>

> Support for TI-84/86/89 assembly language also would be nice. When kids aren't texting on cell phones, they could be playing haXe games on their graphing calculator.
>

> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:27:23 -0700, Nicolas Cannasse [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi list,
>

> I'm please to announce that next haXe release will support a new target!
>

> As you know, haXe is trying to provide developers access to all the mainstream platforms. So far we have been very successful by supporting Flash, Javascript, Neko, PHP and C++ !
>

> However one of the main platform used by many developers around the world was still missing. So after many pleas from the community and many work hours to support it, I'm very happy to announce that haXe will soon allow you to target Visual Basic !
>

> PS : We are also thinking about changing the haXe syntax in order to support the wonderful Basic syntax, and even adopting at some point the almighty Basic type system ! Exiting times indeed !
>

> Enjoy DIM !
>
> Best,

> Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: New haXe Target !

1 PRINT "---------------------------"
2 PRINT "Welcome to Annoying Machine"
3 PRINT "---------------------------"
4 PRINT "Give me a frequency:"
5
6 READ FREQUENCY
7
8 IF FREQUENCY < 500 THEN GOTO BORING
9 IF FREQUENCY > 4000 THEN GOTO BORING
10
11 GOTO 20
12
13 BORING:
14
15 PRINT "Not annoying enough."
18 GOTO 3
19
20 PRINT "Give me a duration:"
21
22 READ DURATION
23
24 PRINT "Bring on the beep!"
25
26 SOUND FREQUENCY, DURATION
27
28 PRINT ""
29 PRINT "Eh, your aspirations are too humble."
30 PRINT "You need to learn what it means to be *really* annoying"
31
32 LET DURATION = DURATION * 2
33
34 PRINT ""