New book?

Nemea Lion
Hi list

who knows more about this?

http://www.amazon.com/haXe-Beginners-Guide-Benjamin-Dasnois/dp/1849512566/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298061423&sr=1-3#productPromotions

Has it already been mentioned here?, since I don't remember so.

Carlos Delgado

Re: New book?

theRemix
whoa! this is new to me.

does anyone know the author?

「the.remix」

On Feb 18, 2011, at 10:43 AM, Nemea Lion wrote:

Hi list

who knows more about this?

http://www.amazon.com/haXe-Beginners-Guide-Benjamin-Dasnois/dp/1849512566/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298061423&sr=1-3#productPromotions

Has it already been mentioned here?, since I don't remember so.

Carlos Delgado

Re: New book?

Benjamin Dasnois
Hello,

Come on! You actually DO know me! :) So yes, it's been written by someone from the community and someone who has been there since the beginning. :)

Regards,

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Nemea Lion <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list

who knows more about this?

http://www.amazon.com/haXe-Beginners-Guide-Benjamin-Dasnois/dp/1849512566/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298061423&sr=1-3#productPromotions

Has it already been mentioned here?, since I don't remember so.

Carlos Delgado

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: New book?

Nemea Lion
That's right, I have read you around here Benjamin.
This is great, we need as much books as we can get.

Up to what version of haxe this includes?

Carlos Delgado.

PD: Hey Franco, are you going to let someone make a new book
before you and Lee write a second edition? =P,
c'mon, give us an update!

2011/2/18 Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]>
Hello,

Come on! You actually DO know me! :) So yes, it's been written by someone from the community and someone who has been there since the beginning. :)

Regards,

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Nemea Lion <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list

who knows more about this?

http://www.amazon.com/haXe-Beginners-Guide-Benjamin-Dasnois/dp/1849512566/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298061423&sr=1-3#productPromotions

Has it already been mentioned here?, since I don't remember so.

Carlos Delgado

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: New book?

Serhiy Solovyov
This item will be released on June 9, 2011
((
We are ready Paypal payment right now.

Re: New book?

Justin Donaldson-3
I like the flower :)

My question is, what animal are we going to be once we have an O'Reilly book?
http://oreilly.com/animals.html

platypus is taken :(

-Justin

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Pimm Hogeling <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've heard he's a great guy, too.

On 18 February 2011 22:00, Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Come on! You actually DO know me! :) So yes, it's been written by someone from the community and someone who has been there since the beginning. :)

Regards,

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Nemea Lion <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list

who knows more about this?

http://www.amazon.com/haXe-Beginners-Guide-Benjamin-Dasnois/dp/1849512566/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298061423&sr=1-3#productPromotions

Has it already been mentioned here?, since I don't remember so.

Carlos Delgado

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: New book?

SQL already has the chameleon. Seems like an appropriate animal for a
multi-platform language.

Maybe they would misunderstand and give it some kind of tool, like the
other books in the "Hacks" series?

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:54:40 -0800, theRemix <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> First instinct, I vote for Narwhal
>
> 「the.remix」
>
> On Feb 18, 2011, at 11:46 AM, Justin Donaldson wrote:
>
>> I like the flower :)
>>
>> My question is, what animal are we going to be once we have an O'Reilly
>> book?
>> http://oreilly.com/animals.html
>>
>> platypus is taken :(
>>
>> -Justin
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Pimm Hogeling <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> I've heard he's a great guy, too.
>>

>> On 18 February 2011 22:00, Benjamin Dasnois
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Come on! You actually DO know me! :) So yes, it's been written by
>> someone from the community and someone who has been there since the
>> beginning. :)
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Nemea Lion <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> Hi list
>>
>> who knows more about this?
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/haXe-Beginners-Guide-Benjamin-Dasnois/dp/1849512566/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298061423&sr=1-3#productPromotions
>>
>> Has it already been mentioned here?, since I don't remember so.
>>
>> Carlos Delgado

>> DASNOIS Benjamin
>> http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: New book?

singmajesty
Maybe it could be a calculator or a sewing machine, in honor of French
inventors.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:12:06 -0800, Joshua Granick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> SQL already has the chameleon. Seems like an appropriate animal for a
> multi-platform language.
>
> Maybe they would misunderstand and give it some kind of tool, like the
> other books in the "Hacks" series?
>

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:54:40 -0800, theRemix <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> First instinct, I vote for Narwhal
>>
>> 「the.remix」
>>
>> On Feb 18, 2011, at 11:46 AM, Justin Donaldson wrote:
>>
>>> I like the flower :)
>>>
>>> My question is, what animal are we going to be once we have an
>>> O'Reilly book?
>>> http://oreilly.com/animals.html
>>>
>>> platypus is taken :(
>>>
>>> -Justin
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Pimm Hogeling
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I've heard he's a great guy, too.
>>>

>>> On 18 February 2011 22:00, Benjamin Dasnois
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Come on! You actually DO know me! :) So yes, it's been written by
>>> someone from the community and someone who has been there since the
>>> beginning. :)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Nemea Lion <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hi list
>>>
>>> who knows more about this?
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/haXe-Beginners-Guide-Benjamin-Dasnois/dp/1849512566/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298061423&sr=1-3#productPromotions
>>>
>>> Has it already been mentioned here?, since I don't remember so.
>>>
>>> Carlos Delgado

>>> DASNOIS Benjamin
>>> http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: New book?

Justin Donaldson-3
Here's some animals common/specific to France

http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/chamois.php
http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/beechmarten.php
http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/ragondin.php
http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/genet.php

I like the genet, but the ragondin seems to be much more industrious and versatile.

-Justin

[...]

The Beech Marten is cute.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:57:53 -0800, Justin Donaldson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's some animals common/specific to France
>
> http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/chamois.php
> http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/beechmarten.php
> http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/ragondin.php
> http://www.francethisway.com/wildlife/genet.php
>
> I like the genet, but the ragondin seems to be much more industrious and
> versatile.
>
> -Justin
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Pimm Hogeling
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> How about a fax, in honour of Scottish inventors?
>>

>> On 18 February 2011 23:18, Joshua Granick
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe it could be a calculator or a sewing machine, in honor of French
>>> inventors.
>>>

>>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:12:06 -0800, Joshua Granick <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>  SQL already has the chameleon. Seems like an appropriate animal for a

Re: New book?

George McBay
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Joshua Granick
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Beech Marten is cute.

Also, they are probably programmers.

"Being predominantly nocturnal, it is unusual to see a Beech Marten,
with dusk and dawn being the most likely times."

Re: New book?

PD: Hey Franco, are you going to let someone make a new book
before you and Lee write a second edition? =P,
c'mon, give us an update!

No books are planned so far for me ... I'd really like but I know how difficult it is to write one, especially for me. I am glad Benjamin took the occasion, and since I've already read it I am sure that a lot of new haxers will appreciate it ;)

Franco

RE: New book?

Lee Sylvester

Snap.  Benjamin’s doing a great job of it.  I’d considered writing another, but for the foreseeable months ahead, I’m busier than the taxman in January J

Lee