New Metadata Feature and XML Output

Heinz Hölzer-2
Hi list (especially nicolas),

I'm currently playing around with the new metadata feature (which is great :)) and realized that this information (is not available when targetting xml output  (there is a strange meta tag, but it doesn't include the real data).
Is this planned for the release? It would be really powerful when this data is included.

besides, will it be possible to reference constant (inlined) variables in metadata tags in this way:

class Test {
    public static inline var ONE = "foo";

public static inline var TWO = {x:1, y:2};

    @a(Test.ONE)

@b(Test.TWO)
    public static function foo () {}
}

best,

Re: New Metadata Feature and XML Output

Nicolas Cannasse
Heinz Hölzer a écrit :
> Hi list (especially nicolas),
>
> I'm currently playing around with the new metadata feature (which is
> great :)) and realized that this information (is not available when
> targetting xml output  (there is a strange meta tag, but it doesn't
> include the real data).
> Is this planned for the release? It would be really powerful when this
> data is included.

I guess we will lack time for it.

> besides, will it be possible to reference constant (inlined) variables
> in metadata tags in this way:

This is now possible with SVN version.

Re: New Metadata Feature and XML Output

Benjamin Dasnois
Hi,

Nicolas, did you begin documenting metadatas on the Wiki or should someone do it?

Regards,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Heinz Hölzer a écrit :

Hi list (especially nicolas),

I'm currently playing around with the new metadata feature (which is great :)) and realized that this information (is not available when targetting xml output  (there is a strange meta tag, but it doesn't include the real data).
Is this planned for the release? It would be really powerful when this data is included.

I guess we will lack time for it.

besides, will it be possible to reference constant (inlined) variables in metadata tags in this way:

This is now possible with SVN version.

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: New Metadata Feature and XML Output

Martijn Loots
I would welcome some documentation. I had a brief look at the Java
annotations, but I'm having a hard time understanding (the need of)
this feature... It feels like I'm missing an obvious point...

Grtz,
--
-Martijn

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Benjamin Dasnois wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nicolas, did you begin documenting metadatas on the Wiki or should someone
> do it?
>
> Regards,
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Nicolas Cannasse <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Heinz Hölzer a écrit :
>>
>>  Hi list (especially nicolas),
>>>
>>> I'm currently playing around with the new metadata feature (which is great
>>> :)) and realized that this information (is not available when targetting xml
>>> output  (there is a strange meta tag, but it doesn't include the real data).
>>> Is this planned for the release? It would be really powerful when this
>>> data is included.
>>>

>> I guess we will lack time for it.
>>

>>  besides, will it be possible to reference constant (inlined) variables in
>>> metadata tags in this way:
>>>

>> This is now possible with SVN version.
>>
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

-Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
-          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )
-         ( >__< )  ----------------------------------------
-         ^^^  ^^^  (   Netwerken, Security, Open Source   )

Re: New Metadata Feature and XML Output

blackdog-2

Martijn,

This is originally from Franco I think, but gives you an idea, certainly
docs would be good :)

TestMeta.hx (1K) Download Attachment

Re: New Metadata Feature and XML Output

Heinz Hölzer-2