New IDE?

Kakadu
Hallo!

Is it a good idea to implement IDE using sources of compiler, i.e.
implement in OCaml? (some plugin for qtcreator or emacs)  It is too hard
or not, what do you think?

Kakadu

Re: New IDE?

Franco Ponticelli
If you really want the community to contribute to such a project I'd suggest making it with haxe instead of ocaml. Developing plugins and contributing patches would be a lot easier.

Franco

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Kakadu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo!

Is it a good idea to implement IDE using sources of compiler, i.e. implement in OCaml? (some plugin for qtcreator or emacs)  It is too hard or not, what do you think?

Kakadu

Re: New IDE?

François Rey
Ocaml is indeed not the cup of tea of many people.
Once I suggested to get the compiler running in java:
http://haxe.org/forum/thread/648
http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/OCaml-Java-haXe-compiler-in-Java-
td3793859.html

I'm not using haxe at present but I'm still on the mailing list and on eclihx
lists too. Nikolay has been quite active lately on eclihx and I would
encourage helping him improving his haxe plugin for Eclipse.
See http://code.google.com/p/eclihx/

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 12:33:26 Kakadu wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> Is it a good idea to implement IDE using sources of compiler, i.e.
> implement in OCaml? (some plugin for qtcreator or emacs)  It is too hard
> or not, what do you think?
>
> Kakadu

Re: New IDE?

François Rey

Just correcting url links from my previous mail (kmail not so much url friendly):

Ocaml is indeed not the cup of tea of many people.

Once I suggested to get the compiler running in java:

http://haxe.org/forum/thread/648

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/OCaml-Java-haXe-compiler-in-Java-td3793859.html

I'm not using haxe at present but I'm still on the mailing list and on eclihx

lists too. Nikolay has been quite active lately on eclihx and I would

encourage helping him improving his haxe plugin for Eclipse.

See http://code.google.com/p/eclihx/

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 12:33:26 Kakadu wrote:

> Hallo!

> Is it a good idea to implement IDE using sources of compiler, i.e.

> implement in OCaml? (some plugin for qtcreator or emacs) It is too hard

> or not, what do you think?

> Kakadu

Re: New IDE?

François Rey

Grrr. kmail @%$!

Ocaml is indeed not the cup of tea of many people.

Once I suggested to get the compiler running in java:

Forum thread

Nabble archive