NME run command

Simon Krajewski
Hello NME people,

I tried using the nme run command in order to run an .apk on my Android,
but to my surprise r838 would tell me that I was using an "Unknown
command: run". I fixed this by adding "run" to the array of
validCommands in InstallTool.hx@330, but I was wondering if it was
removed on purpose in favor of a different mechanism I have yet to discover.

Other than that, I would like to thank all NME contributors for their
great work. I was stunned that following Huge's tutorial on gamehaxe.org
actually made things appear on my phone without any javaish hassle. Good
job!

Regards
Simon

Re: NME run command

I (almost) always use the "test" option, which does everything to get a
change from you code to running on the device.
The doco could use some work.

Hugh

> Hello NME people,
>
> I tried using the nme run command in order to run an .apk on my Android,
> but to my surprise r838 would tell me that I was using an "Unknown
> command: run". I fixed this by adding "run" to the array of
> validCommands in InstallTool.hx@330, but I was wondering if it was
> removed on purpose in favor of a different mechanism I have yet to
> discover.
>
> Other than that, I would like to thank all NME contributors for their
> great work. I was stunned that following Huge's tutorial on gamehaxe.org
> actually made things appear on my phone without any javaish hassle. Good
> job!
>
> Regards
> Simon

Re: NME run command

Simon Krajewski
Am 10.08.2011 17:30, schrieb Gamehaxe:
> Hi,
> I (almost) always use the "test" option, which does everything to get a
> change from you code to running on the device.
> The doco could use some work.

Hi,

I wanted to setup a Flash Develop NME project and couldn't figure out
how to use "test" there. If used as compilation command, the FD console
gets flooded with device debug messages. If used as "Run as",
compilation errors are inconveniently reported in a separate window.
Using "build" for compilation and "run" for running seems perfect.

Regards
Simon