NME for applications

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Hi guys,

I know that NME is a good choice for cross-platform games, but what about applications? I mean, I'd like to start developing an iPhone app (no intensive graphics, basically only widgets, preferably the native ones), and then easily port it to other mobile platforms.

Cheers,

Marcelo.

Re: NME for applications

Cauê W.
I'm going to post later a workflow to emulate a neko HTML server application with hxcpp. This way you can have roughly the same app running in your phone and in the web !

2011/12/19 Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]>
Currently NME isn't good for native chromed applications. I'd suggest you go with something like Titanium with JS externs.

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I know that NME is a good choice for cross-platform games, but what about applications? I mean, I'd like to start developing an iPhone app (no intensive graphics, basically only widgets, preferably the native ones), and then easily port it to other mobile platforms.

Cheers,

Marcelo.

Re: NME for applications

If you do not need native widgets, NME could be a great choice for
cross-platform applications.

There are ways you could reference native widgets from NME, none of those
methods would be cross-platform anymore.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:51:21 -0800, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I know that NME is a good choice for cross-platform games, but what about
> applications? I mean, I'd like to start developing an iPhone app (no
> intensive graphics, basically only widgets, preferably the native ones),
> and then easily port it to other mobile platforms.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marcelo.

Question about serialization and Bytes

Antoine Gersant
Hello all,

I am trying to read base64 encoded data using the Unserializer class. I do not understand what the documentation says here : http://haxe.org/manual/serialization/format
In the paragraph about base64, I don't understand the relationship between the prefix numbers ("s4", "s10") and the following data ("AAA", "SGVsbG8gIQ").

Could I have any hints about what it means? Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Antoine

Le 21/12/2011 14:56, Antoine Gersant a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to read base64 encoded data using the Unserializer class. I
> do not understand what the documentation says here :
> http://haxe.org/manual/serialization/format
> In the paragraph about base64, I don't understand the relationship
> between the prefix numbers ("s4", "s10") and the following data ("AAA",
> "|SGVsbG8gIQ|").
>
> Could I have any hints about what it means? Thanks in advance!

There's a small typo, it should be "s3:AAA", since there are 3 base64
chars and not four.

Re: Question about serialization and Bytes

Antoine Gersant
Thank you Laurence and Nicolas, I got it =)