NME compilation again, please redeem us from this HELL

NME compilation again, please redeem us from this HELL

Mihail Ivanchev
Trying to compile NME with haxe-2.08, now getting this easy to understand and fix error:

haxelib run hxcpp Build.xml
Called from ? line 1
Called from BuildTool.hx line 1100
Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
Called from BuildTool.hx line 532
Called from BuildTool.hx line 627
Called from BuildTool.hx line 624
Called from Xml.hx line 119
Uncaught exception - xml.c(75) : Xml parse error : Expected </flag> at line 94 :
 ...>

     <!-- And for linking e...

Would be glad for any help :) Thanks!

Re: NME compilation again, please redeem us from this HELL

Mihail Ivanchev
OK, compiled successfuly, but no matter what I do I always get:

D:\Develop\SDKs\nekonme\samples\02-Text>haxelib run nme build Sample.nmml cpp
Called from nme/display/BitmapData.hx line 367
Called from nme/Loader.hx line 130
Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found : nme@nme_bitmap_data_load(1)

Two things, C:\Motion-Twin... is not where haXe is installed on my machine. Why do I even see this then? Also, everything was compiled fine. Some ideas?

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Mihail Ivanchev <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, never mind, managed to fix :) </thread>

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Mihail Ivanchev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Trying to compile NME with haxe-2.08, now getting this easy to understand and fix error:

haxelib run hxcpp Build.xml
Called from ? line 1
Called from BuildTool.hx line 1100
Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
Called from BuildTool.hx line 532
Called from BuildTool.hx line 627
Called from BuildTool.hx line 624
Called from Xml.hx line 119
Uncaught exception - xml.c(75) : Xml parse error : Expected </flag> at line 94 :
 ...>

     <!-- And for linking e...

Would be glad for any help :) Thanks!

Re: NME compilation again, please redeem us from this HELL

Mihail Ivanchev
One more thing, I get the error even if I just type

"haxelib run nme"

Help!!

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Mihail Ivanchev <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

singmajesty
It sounds like you may have a native binary that is out of date. The error
messages have paths "baked" into them, based on whoever compiled the
binary originally. The paths you are seeing are the paths of the last
person to compile the Windows NME binary, not your own.

If you visit http://www.haxenme.org/developers/source, there is a section
on "Rebuilding Libraries" that you can use to try and rebuild the library
for Windows. When working off the SVN repository, there may be changes to
the low-level API structure, which require a recompile of the binary. A
new copy of the binary is not always committed to SVN, and almost never is
committed for all targets until a release.

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 05:40:36 -0700, Mihail Ivanchev <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> One more thing, I get the error even if I just type
>
> "haxelib run nme"
>
> Help!!
>
> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Mihail Ivanchev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> OK, compiled successfuly, but no matter what I do I always get:
>>
>> D:\Develop\SDKs\nekonme\samples\02-Text>haxelib run nme build
>> Sample.nmml
>> cpp
>> Called from nme/display/BitmapData.hx line 367
>> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 130
>> Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
>> Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found :
>> nme@nme_bitmap_data_load(1)
>>
>> Two things, C:\Motion-Twin... is not where haXe is installed on my
>> machine.
>> Why do I even see this then? Also, everything was compiled fine. Some
>> ideas?
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Mihail Ivanchev
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> OK, never mind, managed to fix :) </thread>

Re: NME compilation again, please redeem us from this HELL

Mihail Ivanchev
Hey Joshua, I rebuild all libraries and I still have the problem:

link.exe -out:obj/lib/nme.ndll -nologo -machine:x86 -dll -libpath:lib -libpath:e
:\VS8\DirectXSDK\Lib\x86 -libpath:e:/VS8/PlatformSDK/Lib -libpath:D:\Program Fil
es\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x86 @all_objs ../../sdl-static/lib/Wind
ows/libfreetype.lib ../../sdl-static/lib/Windows/libjpeg.lib ../../sdl-static/li
b/Windows/libpng.lib ../../sdl-static/lib/Windows/zlib.lib ../../sdl-static/lib/
Windows/libSDL.lib ../../sdl-static/lib/Windows/libSDL_mixer.lib ../../sdl-stati
c/lib/Windows/libvorbis.lib ../../sdl-static/lib/Windows/libogg.lib ../../sdl-st
atic/lib/Windows/libsmpeg.lib ../../sdl-static/lib/Windows/libSDL.lib ../../sdl-
static/lib/Windows/libcurl.lib gdi32.lib opengl32.lib user32.lib kernel32.lib ad
vapi32.lib dxguid.lib winmm.lib ws2_32.lib wldap32.lib shell32.lib
   Creating library obj/lib/nme.lib and object obj/lib/nme.exp

D:\Develop\SDKs\nekonme\project>haxelib run nme
Called from nme/display/BitmapData.hx line 367
Called from nme/Loader.hx line 130
Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found : nme@nme_bitmap_data_load(1)

Could it be something is broken somewhere in the system? This is what "haxelib list" reports:

D:\Develop\SDKs\nekonme\project>haxelib lis
hxcpp: 2.08.0 [dev:D:\Develop\SDKs\hxcpp]
nme: 3.0.1 [dev:D:\Develop\SDKs\nekonme]

Please gime some more ideas, I really need to solve this.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Mihail Ivanchev <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

John Plsek
On 2 October 2011 03:18, Mihail Ivanchev <[hidden email]> wrote:
What I really don't understand is how the official version works, but not the SVN. It makes no sense if they are trully the same.

they are not the same

correct me if I'm wrong, but, the nekonme SVN has had about 100 changes committed since the "official" version (3.0.1) released 3/9/2011

Re: NME compilation again, please redeem us from this HELL

Hi Mihail,

I apologize for the trouble. I tried it myself and realized there was a
change on SVN that occurred this morning that broke the install tool. All
that was required was a recompile of the install tool, but at first I
assumed it was an out-of-date native library.

For my sake (and all others) I have updated the page at
http://www.haxenme.org/developers/source/ to reflect instructions for
recompiling the install tool as well as the native libraries. In a
situation such as this, I should look first to see if the install tool
needs to be recompiled before assuming it is the native binary. In this
case it was both, but a new copy of the Windows binary was included on SVN
following the change, already.

You can update from SVN, or go to the "nekonme/install-tool" using a
command prompt and run "haxe InstallTool.hxml"