[NME] Using SWF

bubblebenj
Hi Phil,

What about this fix to NME that enables using SWF on every target ?
Did you manage to make it work ?

Ben

Re: [NME] Using SWF

rammserker
Do you mean SWF Parser that it's in GM2D library? It's working for simple SWF's

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: [NME] Using SWF

bubblebenj
I mean swf file most people embed in html pages or in other flash swf as animated asset for instance.
If i read this post well,
he was about to make usage of swf avalaible for any NME target.

I'm wondering if he managed to do it.

Ben

2011/10/9 Maximiliano Fern√°ndez <[hidden email]>
Do you mean SWF Parser that it's in GM2D library? It's working for simple SWF's

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: [NME] Using SWF

Philippe Riou
Hi Bubble :-)

Yep it's nearly functionnal. I'm having a flash 10.3 compatible parser.

I say nearly because I'm still missing a few stuffs. By order of priority :
- Stage zoom and offset for the mobile targets.
- FileReference (Read/Write of local files).
- Sounds embedded inside swf.
- Bitmap Filters (glow, gradient glow, blur, gradient blur).

I still have one or two bugs in masks and Matrices. And finally, before being able to release something, the swf uncompress needs to be fasten. Or I will have to make asynchronous at least because right now the loading of data is way to slow.

I also noticed that flash 11 is the new official plugin. I need to check for backward compatibility.

Regards,
Phil

2011/10/9 Maximiliano Fernández <[hidden email]>
Do you mean SWF Parser that it's in GM2D library? It's working for simple SWF's

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: [NME] Using SWF

emibap
Hi Phil,

Have you managed to make it functional?

Thanks,

Emi

Re: [NME] Using SWF

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Wow, if you can get this to work, even to load SWFs for assets use this will be a tremendous boon to haxe / nme !

Thanks.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM, emibap <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Phil,

Have you managed to make it functional?

Thanks,

Emi

Re: [NME] Using SWF

Blue Sans douze
I'm totally agree, it would totally change the thing.

That means being able to totally port a flash app to mobile or desktop without even working on assets : Royal.

Good luck with that, keep us in touch,
Blue112

2011/12/19 Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]>
Wow, if you can get this to work, even to load SWFs for assets use this will be a tremendous boon to haxe / nme !

Thanks.

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM, emibap <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Phil,

Have you managed to make it functional?

Thanks,

Emi

Re: [NME] Using SWF

postite
really looking forward such a thing !

Re: [NME] Using SWF

Pierre Alletru

Any news about this? I'm also looking forward to this functionnality!

Pierre

Re: [NME] Using SWF

emibap
Hi Pierre,
SWF support has been added and is now in the most recent beta.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 8, 2012, at 5:11 AM, "Pierre Alletru [via Haxe]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Any news about this? I'm also looking forward to this functionnality!

Pierre

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/NME-Using-SWF-tp6871223p7265665.html
To unsubscribe from [NME] Using SWF, click here.
NAML

Re: [NME] Using SWF

Pierre Alletru
Thanks for answering!

I downloaded and set up the last sources of NME to test the SWF support.

However I'm still having troubles to create instances of clips which are located in my SWF files. I'm quite not sure how to handle this. I would do something like this:

"Type.createInstance(Type.resolveClass(clipClassName), []);"

But since the clip is inside a swf file, I guess I have to tell haxe/nme where is the file contaning clipClassName in a way or another.

In haxe targeting flash I use ApplicationDomain.GetDefinition() to get the class type, instead of using Type.resolveClass(), but ApplicationDomain is not implemented on nme.

Would you have some clue on this?

Re: [NME] Using SWF

Pierre Alletru
I found out on this article from Joshua Granick how to use SWF support with NME 3.2 Beta.

However this doesn't work for me since the support of SWF assets is only for C++ and Flash targets, while I am targeting html5.

The code would be something like:

import nme.Assets;
import nme.format.SWF;
import nme.display.MovieClip;
import nme.events.Event;

private var swf : SWF;

private function someFunction()
{
  swf = new SWF(Assets.getBytes("assets/MyAssetFile.swf"));
  swf.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);
}

private function onComplete (event : Event) : Void
{
  var mc : MovieClip = swf.createInstance("AssetName");

Re: [NME] Using SWF

emibap
Hi, sorry for the delay, I'm on vacation :)
As far as I now there's no support for the HTML 5 target so far :(
Try to ask Joshua, he usually answers very quickly and with helpful replies.
Best wishes,
Emiliano

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/NME-Using-SWF-tp6871223p7279752.html