NME, HXCPP releases

I have just released version 3.0 of NME, and 2.08 of hxcpp to haxelib.
I am still working on NME, but thought it was (over)due for a release.
The HXCPP release may or may not need some tweaking before the next
haxe release.

The main change for NME is the addition of the "install-tool", which you
can use view "haxelib run nme ...".  This should allow easy targeting of
multiple platforms, and also help separate projects into "disposable"
and "precious" components.  I am interested to see how this goes.
Currently, there is not much doco, but now the tool is stabilizing,
doco can be more meaningful.

Another big change is the addition of the webOS target, which was
contributed by Joshua.

libCURL has been integrated for http access.

There has also been an increase in contributions by others as the
library seems to be gaining some momentum - so a big thanks to all
those who have contributed, either directly or via bug reports/patches.

HXCPP has also seen quite a few changes here and there.
I am slowly working on ways to make it easy to customize your
machine setup, or use the defaults easily - so I'm pushing the
use of .hxcpp_config.xml a bit more.
Another big change is the way dynamic access to member functions is
handled.
These now use a function pointer rather than a new class definition
which could make the calling fractionally slower, but saves about 30%
of the executable size.  The changes to the hxcpp haxelib (there are
other fixes in the next release of haxe) follow.

Hugh

* Do not create a new class definition for each member function
* Allow 5 fast and up to 20 slow dynamic function arguments
* Support utf8 class
* Added "Fast Memory" API similar to flash
* Added support for webOS
* Fix uncompress buffers
* Added file to undefined pesky processor macros
* Setup default config in user area
* Auto-detect msvc and iphone version
* Force compilation for mac 10.5
* Some support for cygwin compilers
* Remove Boehm GC as an option
* Integrate properly now with Android ndk-r6
* Make Int32 pass haxe unit tests (shift/modulo)
* Fix bug in "join"
* Fix bug with marking the "this" pointer in closures
* Fix bug with returning NAN from parseFloat
* Fix linux link flags
* Fix bug where string of length 0 would be null
* Made String cca return value consistent
* Added control over @file syntax
* Removed need for nekoapi.ndll
* Allow for neko.so to end in ".0"

Re: NME, HXCPP releases

singmajesty
Exciting!!

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 00:38:23 +0800, Gamehaxe wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just released version 3.0 of NME, and 2.08 of hxcpp to
> haxelib.
> I am still working on NME, but thought it was (over)due for a
> release.
> The HXCPP release may or may not need some tweaking before the next
> haxe release.
>
> The main change for NME is the addition of the "install-tool", which
> you
> can use view "haxelib run nme ...".  This should allow easy targeting
> of
> multiple platforms, and also help separate projects into "disposable"
> and "precious" components.  I am interested to see how this goes.
> Currently, there is not much doco, but now the tool is stabilizing,
> doco can be more meaningful.
>
> Another big change is the addition of the webOS target, which was
> contributed by Joshua.
>
> libCURL has been integrated for http access.
>
> There has also been an increase in contributions by others as the
> library seems to be gaining some momentum - so a big thanks to all
> those who have contributed, either directly or via bug
> reports/patches.
>
> HXCPP has also seen quite a few changes here and there.
> I am slowly working on ways to make it easy to customize your
> machine setup, or use the defaults easily - so I'm pushing the
> use of .hxcpp_config.xml a bit more.
> Another big change is the way dynamic access to member functions is
> handled.
> These now use a function pointer rather than a new class definition
> which could make the calling fractionally slower, but saves about 30%
> of the executable size.  The changes to the hxcpp haxelib (there are
> other fixes in the next release of haxe) follow.
>
> Hugh
>
> * Do not create a new class definition for each member function
> * Allow 5 fast and up to 20 slow dynamic function arguments
> * Support utf8 class
> * Added "Fast Memory" API similar to flash
> * Added support for webOS
> * Fix uncompress buffers
> * Added file to undefined pesky processor macros
> * Setup default config in user area
> * Auto-detect msvc and iphone version
> * Force compilation for mac 10.5
> * Some support for cygwin compilers
> * Remove Boehm GC as an option
> * Integrate properly now with Android ndk-r6
> * Make Int32 pass haxe unit tests (shift/modulo)
> * Fix bug in "join"
> * Fix bug with marking the "this" pointer in closures
> * Fix bug with returning NAN from parseFloat
> * Fix linux link flags
> * Fix bug where string of length 0 would be null
> * Made String cca return value consistent
> * Added control over @file syntax
> * Removed need for nekoapi.ndll
> * Allow for neko.so to end in ".0"

Re: NME, HXCPP releases

rammserker
Bravo!!

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: NME, HXCPP releases

Alex Liebert
Fantastic work Hugh!  I also know there's tons of other changes along the way too numerous to mention.  This release is a great step forward.

The function pointer/binary size reduction side effect is very welcome too, especially on mobile!

Thanks,

Alex

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Gamehaxe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
[...]

davidedc
Cool!

Davide

Pardon any typos, sent from my mobile.

On 28 Aug 2011, at 17:38, Gamehaxe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just released version 3.0 of NME, and 2.08 of hxcpp to haxelib.
> I am still working on NME, but thought it was (over)due for a release.
> The HXCPP release may or may not need some tweaking before the next
> haxe release.
>
> The main change for NME is the addition of the "install-tool", which you
> can use view "haxelib run nme ...".  This should allow easy targeting of
> multiple platforms, and also help separate projects into "disposable"
> and "precious" components.  I am interested to see how this goes.
> Currently, there is not much doco, but now the tool is stabilizing,
> doco can be more meaningful.
>
> Another big change is the addition of the webOS target, which was
> contributed by Joshua.
>
> libCURL has been integrated for http access.
>
> There has also been an increase in contributions by others as the
> library seems to be gaining some momentum - so a big thanks to all
> those who have contributed, either directly or via bug reports/patches.
>
> HXCPP has also seen quite a few changes here and there.
> I am slowly working on ways to make it easy to customize your
> machine setup, or use the defaults easily - so I'm pushing the
> use of .hxcpp_config.xml a bit more.
> Another big change is the way dynamic access to member functions is handled.
> These now use a function pointer rather than a new class definition
> which could make the calling fractionally slower, but saves about 30%
> of the executable size.  The changes to the hxcpp haxelib (there are
> other fixes in the next release of haxe) follow.
>
> Hugh
>
> * Do not create a new class definition for each member function
> * Allow 5 fast and up to 20 slow dynamic function arguments
> * Support utf8 class
> * Added "Fast Memory" API similar to flash
> * Added support for webOS
> * Fix uncompress buffers
> * Added file to undefined pesky processor macros
> * Setup default config in user area
> * Auto-detect msvc and iphone version
> * Force compilation for mac 10.5
> * Some support for cygwin compilers
> * Remove Boehm GC as an option
> * Integrate properly now with Android ndk-r6
> * Make Int32 pass haxe unit tests (shift/modulo)
> * Fix bug in "join"
> * Fix bug with marking the "this" pointer in closures
> * Fix bug with returning NAN from parseFloat
> * Fix linux link flags
> * Fix bug where string of length 0 would be null
> * Made String cca return value consistent
> * Added control over @file syntax
> * Removed need for nekoapi.ndll
> * Allow for neko.so to end in ".0"

Re: NME, HXCPP releases