[NME] Error in FlashInstaller.hx

rammserker
I don't know why, but I was trying to compile SVN Install-tool, rev 836 and had an error in FlashInstaller.hx. Solved changing line 232 from:

var font = nme.text.Font.load(src);

to:

var font = Font.load(src); //nme.text.Font is imported in line 14.

Hope this help ;)

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: [NME] Error in FlashInstaller.hx

That seems a little odd - what error did you get?

Hugh

> I don't know why, but I was trying to compile SVN Install-tool, rev 836
> and
> had an error in FlashInstaller.hx. Solved changing line 232 from:
>
> var font = nme.text.Font.load(src);
>
> to:
>
> var font = Font.load(src); //nme.text.Font is imported in line 14.
>
> Hope this help ;)
>
> Max
> 0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: [NME] Error in FlashInstaller.hx

rammserker
Compiled in this way:

cd ~/SVN/nekonme/install-tool
haxe InstallTool.hxml

And throws this:

src/installers/FlashInstaller.hx:232: characters 21-39 : String has no field text
src/installers/FlashInstaller.hx:238: characters 30-41 : You can't iterate on a Dynamic value, please specify Iterator or Iterable
src/installers/FlashInstaller.hx:310: characters 18-30 : You can't iterate on a Dynamic value, please specify Iterator or Iterable

The line 232 contains:

var font = nme.text.Font.load ( src );

nme Namespace is taken as a String! I don't know why. Was compiled with haxe revision 3895. Doesn't tried with a newer or older revision... Perhaps the error is in the compiler, but it's weird. The solution?:

line 232 -> var font = Font.load ( src );

That's it!

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: [NME] Error in FlashInstaller.hx

rammserker
Compiled with haxe revision 3896 (latest nightly), same error... It's very weird.

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

2011/8/8 Maximiliano Fernández <[hidden email]>
[...]

Fei Yin
There is too much things required nightly version , I don't think this
is a good news for users in product-level development . Could the
developers care this please ? I wish there is a haXe version with a
good robustness . Then we can use haXe in our product development .
Could you just make a version like this :

* Just support flash player 6-10.x is enough for now .
* Of cause keep all features in haXe 2.07 .
* Fix the big bugs , like the gen-hx-classes bug.
* Make another haxelib source , Then one is stable and other is just
for nightly build . Then we can install haXe anywhere and anytime
without the worry for the libs compatibility .
* Or you can make the haXe lib have a version check , then if I use
haXe 2.07 , haxelib will never install the later version of lib that
just support a higher version haXe compiler .

This was VERY VERY IMPORTANT ! I don't wish my project can not
continue when I just reinstall my OS, or I change a new computer ,
just because I can't install the haXe version and haXe lib version I
used before . I don't know how can I explain this to my boss . It was
too stupid !

2011/8/9 Maximiliano Fernández <[hidden email]>:

> Compiled with haxe revision 3896 (latest nightly), same error... It's very
> weird.
>
> Max
> 0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1
>

> 2011/8/8 Maximiliano Fernández <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Compiled in this way:
>>
>> cd ~/SVN/nekonme/install-tool
>> haxe InstallTool.hxml
>>
>> And throws this:
>>
>> src/installers/FlashInstaller.hx:232: characters 21-39 : String has no
>> field text
>> src/installers/FlashInstaller.hx:238: characters 30-41 : You can't iterate
>> on a Dynamic value, please specify Iterator or Iterable
>> src/installers/FlashInstaller.hx:310: characters 18-30 : You can't iterate
>> on a Dynamic value, please specify Iterator or Iterable
>>
>> The line 232 contains:
>>
>> var font = nme.text.Font.load ( src );
>>
>> nme Namespace is taken as a String! I don't know why. Was compiled with
>> haxe revision 3895. Doesn't tried with a newer or older revision... Perhaps
>> the error is in the compiler, but it's weird. The solution?:
>>
>> line 232 -> var font = Font.load ( src );
>>
>> That's it!
>>
>> Max
>> 0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Yin Fei
>From Icebirds.net

Re: [NME] Error in FlashInstaller.hx

Ok, this was because of the new scoping changes - I've renamed
the variable so it does not clash with the package name.

Hugh