Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Tolga Dogrusöz
Hello everybody,

that beats me: How do I answer to a thread on the mailing list?
Opening a new thread is no problem, but how to answer on that or
another? ... Please don't laugh, it's mortally embarrassing, really
:-)

Thanks for all hints.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Tony Polinelli
You have to purchase the mailinglist upgrade first if you want to have reply functionality. sorry...

hah - lies.

hit reply on your email client... thats how it works for me

2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>
Hello everybody,

that beats me: How do I answer to a thread on the mailing list?
Opening a new thread is no problem, but how to answer on that or
another? ... Please don't laugh, it's mortally embarrassing, really
:-)

Thanks for all hints.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Tolga Dogrusöz
Okay, then let me see, what happens, if I reply ...

bzzzt ...

2011/5/4 Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]>:

> You have to purchase the mailinglist upgrade first if you want to have reply
> functionality. sorry...
>
> hah - lies.
>
> hit reply on your email client... thats how it works for me
>

> 2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> that beats me: How do I answer to a thread on the mailing list?
>> Opening a new thread is no problem, but how to answer on that or
>> another? ... Please don't laugh, it's mortally embarrassing, really
>> :-)
>>
>> Thanks for all hints.

> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Tolga Dogrusöz
Like I said ... totally embrassing.

Thanks for the answer :-)

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

clemos
Please, stop creating new threads at each reply.
It's annoying !

hah - lies.

Cheers
Clément

2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>:

> Okay, then let me see, what happens, if I reply ...
>
> bzzzt ...
>
> 2011/5/4 Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]>:
>> You have to purchase the mailinglist upgrade first if you want to have reply
>> functionality. sorry...
>>
>> hah - lies.
>>
>> hit reply on your email client... thats how it works for me
>>

>> 2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> that beats me: How do I answer to a thread on the mailing list?
>>> Opening a new thread is no problem, but how to answer on that or
>>> another? ... Please don't laugh, it's mortally embarrassing, really
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> Thanks for all hints.

>> Tony Polinelli
>> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Tolga Dogrusöz
I just started yesterday *hehehe* ... by the way: It's my second
maiden thread on this board, so everything is fine.

Is there a way to reply to threads, when I don't have an email to that
thread I can reply to? Surely there must be one. Perhaps a hint to
that topic?

Thanks allot.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Philipp Klose-2
Welcome to the mailing list. I think I know you from the haXe forum.

As far as I know there is no way to response to an email that didn't
received at all ;-) But trust me, that problem wont occur after a while...

On 04.05.2011 16:09, Tolga Dogrusöz wrote:
> I just started yesterday *hehehe* ... by the way: It's my second
> maiden thread on this board, so everything is fine.
>
> Is there a way to reply to threads, when I don't have an email to that
> thread I can reply to? Surely there must be one. Perhaps a hint to
> that topic?
>
> Thanks allot.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Trevor Burton
not sure what you mean exactly. How do you know about the topic if you haven't read it in an email?

the 'thread' is defined by the subject line of the emails - so all you have to do is reply and don't edit the subject line and all will be well :)

2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>
I just started yesterday *hehehe* ... by the way: It's my second
maiden thread on this board, so everything is fine.

Is there a way to reply to threads, when I don't have an email to that
thread I can reply to? Surely there must be one. Perhaps a hint to
that topic?

Thanks allot.

---------------------------
Trevor Burton

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Jan_Flanders

2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>
I just started yesterday *hehehe* ... by the way: It's my second
maiden thread on this board, so everything is fine.

Is there a way to reply to threads, when I don't have an email to that
thread I can reply to? Surely there must be one. Perhaps a hint to
that topic?

Thanks allot.

You can use nabble in the case nobody has replied to your first mail:

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/

Jan

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Baluta Cristian
If none answered to  my email i go the the sent messages in gmail and i reply.

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Jan Flanders <[hidden email]> wrote:

2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>
I just started yesterday *hehehe* ... by the way: It's my second
maiden thread on this board, so everything is fine.

Is there a way to reply to threads, when I don't have an email to that
thread I can reply to? Surely there must be one. Perhaps a hint to
that topic?

Thanks allot.

You can use nabble in the case nobody has replied to your first mail:

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/

Jan

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Tolga Dogrusöz
Hi Phillip and everyone else,

yes you know me from the haXe forum. You gave me the tip with this
mailing list. It's really more active than the forum. I allready found
solutions here I don't expected do it those way. Great! I want to say
everybody at this point: I'm glad to found an more than active
community arround haXe and I'm happy about working together for the
future.

If you want to know something about me:
Since 10 months I'm working on haXe targetting as3, neko and currently
new: cpp. Since 10 years I'm working with Flash and ActionScript.
Since I could read the manual of my Commodore C64, as a child of six
years I started with programming. Five years later I build div.
software with c++ and delphi on a intel machine ... and ONLY c++ and
delphi, communicating with dll-Files and sockets together.

Everyday my boss tells me to build software for guest usage on
terminals ... on places like museals, exposionts, etc., like the "Haus
der Geschichte" in Bonn/Germany, next to Cologne, or "WBF - Willy
Brandt Forum" in Unkel, near Bonn. Our customers suffer as far as
Berlin, so there's enough to work on, and by the way: If haXe wasn't
existent, my work would be above three times. Please visit us at
http://www.tinetronics.de

The aim of all is to say the flash plattform good bye. NME is very
good ... really, I like it, but ... no video ... no webcam ... leaky
sound playback ... And I thought, why not use the routines of the
VideoLAN VLC Media Player / libvlc.dll to fill that gap? Thats, what
I'm currently working on.

The last thing I build was a complete cinema controll software only
with flash and neko, starting videos and playing them back on a
projector, motored control about opening and closing the main drape
(thanks to hxSerial / GitHub) and relaised control about
increasing/decreasing the light in the audience room. All done with
haXe, targeted to neko for low-level acces to the machine to serial
port, and flash for the video playback and event timing (for example:
movieComplete? Then close the drape) *hehe*.

Thanks for all folks :)

2011/5/4 Philipp Klose <[hidden email]>:

> Welcome to the mailing list. I think I know you from the haXe forum.
>
> As far as I know there is no way to response to an email that didn't
> received at all ;-) But trust me, that problem wont occur after a while...
>
> On 04.05.2011 16:09, Tolga Dogrusöz wrote:
>>
>> I just started yesterday *hehehe* ... by the way: It's my second
>> maiden thread on this board, so everything is fine.
>>
>> Is there a way to reply to threads, when I don't have an email to that
>> thread I can reply to? Surely there must be one. Perhaps a hint to
>> that topic?
>>
>> Thanks allot.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Cauê W.
it would be far best if we come up with a solution that can answer both in a single place

Maybe a forum system that will redirect to the mailing list as well? So we get also the messages separated by topics?

2011/5/4 Justin Donaldson <[hidden email]>
Could we "sticky" a message on the forum directing people to the mailing list and mailing list archives?

2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz <[hidden email]>
Hi Phillip and everyone else,

yes you know me from the haXe forum. You gave me the tip with this
mailing list. It's really more active than the forum. I allready found
solutions here I don't expected do it those way. Great! I want to say
everybody at this point: I'm glad to found an more than active
community arround haXe and I'm happy about working together for the
future.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

justin_mills
Currently mailing list is at top of FAQ sticky.  I asked Nicolas for more prominent link but it's tricky, so maybe I can ask him again on Saturday :)

 On Wed 04/05/11 18:11, Justin Donaldson [hidden email] wrote:

> Could we "sticky" a message on the forum directing people to the
> mailing list and mailing list archives?
>
> 2011/5/4 Tolga Dogrusöz
> Hi Phillip and everyone else,
>
> yes you know me from the haXe forum. You gave me the tip with this
> mailing list. Its really more active than the forum. I allready
> found
> solutions here I dont expected do it those way. Great! I want to say
> everybody at this point: Im glad to found an more than active
> community arround haXe and Im happy about working together for the
> future.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

Tolga Dogrusöz
Good idea, very nice, I'll keep it in mind.

2011/5/4 Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>:
> If none answered to  my email i go the the sent messages in gmail and i
> reply.

Re: Mortally embrassing: How to answer to a thread?

go2ghana
@Jan
Cool,
I often missed the option to answer to a thread after deleting the related message already :(

Cordially,
Axel