Molehill Tilemap Demo

Mike Wiering
Here is a little demo of parallax scrolling layers in Molehill:

http://www.wieringsoftware.nl/flash/molehill-tilemap-demo/ (press F11
for full screen, arrow keys to move and Space to change background
color)

More info and source code here:
http://www.wieringsoftware.eu/2011/07/molehill-tilemap-demo/

Enjoy!

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Anthony Walter
Flash isn't loaded for me in Firefox 5. Chrome 12 shows a Flash window, but the movie doesn't load.

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Mike Wiering
Are you using the beta version 11?
It won't work in the incubator version.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Anthony Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Flash isn't loaded for me in Firefox 5. Chrome 12 shows a Flash window, but
> the movie doesn't load.

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Anthony Walter
I have Flash version 10,3,181,26 installed

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Achmad Aulia Noorhakim
Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Anthony Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have Flash version 10,3,181,26 installed

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Baluta Cristian
I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more requirements this fp.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Anthony Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have Flash version 10,3,181,26 installed

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Baluta Cristian
Yeah, it needs a modern computer, my 5years mb won't run it with more than 2fps, i succeeded opening by dragging the swf into browser.

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

bubblebenj
I doesn't work for me neither on Chrome nor Firefox.
You should share you're testing spec so we can help you with this.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more requirements this fp.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Anthony Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have Flash version 10,3,181,26 installed

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Greg Dove
It works fine for me on IE9 and FF5 and Chrome. F11 to go fullscreen didn't work on FF or Chrome, so couldn't access fullscreen there, and the full screen view in IE9 remained unscaled - top left rectangle only.

But the parallax scrolling part of the demo works well - for me - on win7 64

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 6:25 PM, benjamin Dubois <[hidden email]> wrote:
I doesn't work for me neither on Chrome nor Firefox.
You should share you're testing spec so we can help you with this.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more requirements this fp.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Anthony Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have Flash version 10,3,181,26 installed

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Mike Wiering
Thanks for your comments everyone.
For me it works well in Windows 7 with FF (6.0) and IE9, both with FP
11.0.1.60 (for Chrome I'm still using the incubator build so it
doesn't work there).
Full screen also works on both FF and IE, but in FF you need to press
F11 *before* clicking the SWF (so going back to windowed mode doesn't
work with F11, need to point the mouse to the top of the screen). In
IE I do get a scroll bar at the right.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Greg Dove <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It works fine for me on IE9 and FF5 and Chrome. F11 to go fullscreen didn't
> work on FF or Chrome, so couldn't access fullscreen there, and the full
> screen view in IE9 remained unscaled - top left rectangle only.
>
> But the parallax scrolling part of the demo works well - for me - on win7 64
>

> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 6:25 PM, benjamin Dubois <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I doesn't work for me neither on Chrome nor Firefox.
>> You should share you're testing spec so we can help you with this.
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more
>>> requirements this fp.

>>> --
>>> Băluță Cristian
>>> http://ralcr.com
>>> http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Mike Wiering
If you run it like that, you don't get hardware acceleration (you need
the wmode="gpu" parameter from the html file). I also get 2 or 3 fps
that way and the rendering isn't quite correct.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Baluta Cristian
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, it needs a modern computer, my 5years mb won't run it with more than
> 2fps, i succeeded opening by dragging the swf into browser.
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more
>> requirements this fp.
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/

>> Băluță Cristian
>> http://ralcr.com
>> http://imagin.ro
>

> --
> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Mike Wiering
Maybe it was still loading? It takes 5-10 seconds at the beginning to
generate the textures and build the map.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more requirements
> this fp.
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Anthony Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have Flash version 10,3,181,26 installed

> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

alexander.konotop
В Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:14:07 +0200
Mike Wiering <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Maybe it was still loading? It takes 5-10 seconds at the beginning to
> generate the textures and build the map.
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Baluta Cristian
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more
> > requirements this fp.
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/

> >> --
> >> haXe - an open source web programming language
> >> http://haxe.org
> >

> > --
> > Băluță Cristian
> > http://ralcr.com
> > http://imagin.ro
> >
> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

Linux 64bit flashplayer 11. Works slowly (I think accelerating is not
supported in Linux flash player especially with opensource ATI driver.
For example, FF even doesn't enable WebGL in Linux).
And... It works slowly in Chromium. FF5 shows just white screen
while CPU load graph doesn't show any hard activity. Also it works in
Midori browser (it's based on WebKit as Chromium) and shows white
screen in Opera as in FF5.

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Baluta Cristian
Ok, i've tried again on a pretty good computer, iMac core2duo 2.4Ghz, so performance it's almost the same as bad as my old MB, but at least works by clicking the link.
My CPU shows 180%
FP: 11.0.1.60

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]> wrote:
В Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:14:07 +0200
Mike Wiering <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Maybe it was still loading? It takes 5-10 seconds at the beginning to
> generate the textures and build the map.
>
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Baluta Cristian
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I see a black screen, and i have fp11. i suppose has some more
> > requirements this fp.
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Molehill require flash player 11.x :-/

> >> --
> >> haXe - an open source web programming language
> >> http://haxe.org
> >

> > --
> > Băluță Cristian
> > http://ralcr.com
> > http://imagin.ro
> >
> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

Linux 64bit flashplayer 11. Works slowly (I think accelerating is not
supported in Linux flash player especially with opensource ATI driver.
For example, FF even doesn't enable WebGL in Linux).
And... It works slowly in Chromium. FF5 shows just white screen
while CPU load graph doesn't show any hard activity. Also it works in
Midori browser (it's based on WebKit as Chromium) and shows white
screen in Opera as in FF5.

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Mike Wiering
Thanks for testing everyone. I was hoping it would work everywhere
with similar performance that I get here (for me it runs very smoothly
with 60 fps). I hope this will improve with newer versions of the
Flash Player over time.

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, i've tried again on a pretty good computer, iMac core2duo 2.4Ghz, so
> performance it's almost the same as bad as my old MB, but at least works by
> clicking the link.
> My CPU shows 180%
> FP: 11.0.1.60
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Alexander Konotop
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> В Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:14:07 +0200
>> Mike Wiering <[hidden email]> пишет:
>>
>> > Maybe it was still loading? It takes 5-10 seconds at the beginning to
>> > generate the textures and build the map.

>> Linux 64bit flashplayer 11. Works slowly (I think accelerating is not
>> supported in Linux flash player especially with opensource ATI driver.
>> For example, FF even doesn't enable WebGL in Linux).
>> And... It works slowly in Chromium. FF5 shows just white screen
>> while CPU load graph doesn't show any hard activity. Also it works in
>> Midori browser (it's based on WebKit as Chromium) and shows white
>> screen in Opera as in FF5.

> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: Molehill Tilemap Demo

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
It runs, but *very* slowly on my MacBook, core2duo 2Ghz, 4GB RAM. OSX Lion.