Modification to intro on haXe.org regarding hxCpp

Modification to intro on haXe.org regarding hxCpp

Lee Sylvester
Hey guys,

Just so you know, I've added the C++ option to the intro page as an "in
testing" product. The reason for this is that I'm trying to entice a
community of C++ game developers to haXe and Neko, and having the C++
option more prominent will win them over more easily.  If anyone wants
to elaborate on this, please do. Likewise, if you have a problem with
this, please speak up ;-)

@Hugh :  I think at this stage in your development, the haXe website
could use some more gumpf, even if it's not API specific. Perhaps just
some leads to point them in the right direction?  I don't think hxcpp
will be dropped, so why not start advertising to non-list users?  :-D

Kindest,

Re: Modification to intro on haXe.org regarding hxCpp

jlm@justinfront.net
I am right in thinking this is not yet supporting Mac?

On 11 Nov 2008, at 12:18, Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Just so you know, I've added the C++ option to the intro page as an
> "in testing" product. The reason for this is that I'm trying to
> entice a community of C++ game developers to haXe and Neko, and
> having the C++ option more prominent will win them over more
> easily.  If anyone wants to elaborate on this, please do. Likewise,
> if you have a problem with this, please speak up ;-)
>
> @Hugh :  I think at this stage in your development, the haXe
> website could use some more gumpf, even if it's not API specific.
> Perhaps just some leads to point them in the right direction?  I
> don't think hxcpp will be dropped, so why not start advertising to
> non-list users?  :-D
>
> Kindest,
> Lee

Re: Modification to intro on haXe.org regarding hxCpp

Gamehaxe
Hi Justin,
The Mac is not supported at the moment.
However, I have tried to use cross-platform stuff everywhere.
I think the work required to gt Mac port going:
1. Adjust the "make.setup" to point to the correct compiler, flags, etc
2. Decide what to do with "SHARED" code (#define it to nothing initially?)
3. Get a version of gc.lib for mac
4. Minor c++ errors

I'm hoping 4 will not be a problem.

Then to get full graphics going,

5. Port NME to mac.

5 can be omitted if you just want to test some "trace" stuff,
but would be good for neko on mac too.

As I said, I don't think it will be too hard - I just don't
have access to a mac for compiling and testing.

I'll get the linux port going soon (nme is already ported to linux)
and that may be closer to the mac version.
Lee & I are still hoping some mac guru is going to get keen enough
on the mac version of nme to champion the port.

Lee, sounds like a good idea.  I'll do it soon - when I get some spare
time :)

Hugh

> I am right in thinking this is not yet supporting Mac?
>
> On 11 Nov 2008, at 12:18, Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Just so you know, I've added the C++ option to the intro page as an "in
>> testing" product. The reason for this is that I'm trying to entice a
>> community of C++ game developers to haXe and Neko, and having the C++
>> option more prominent will win them over more easily.  If anyone wants
>> to elaborate on this, please do. Likewise, if you have a problem with
>> this, please speak up ;-)
>>
>> @Hugh :  I think at this stage in your development, the haXe website
>> could use some more gumpf, even if it's not API specific. Perhaps just
>> some leads to point them in the right direction?  I don't think hxcpp
>> will be dropped, so why not start advertising to non-list users?  :-D
>>
>> Kindest,
>> Lee
>>

>> --haXe - an open source web programming language

Re: Modification to intro on haXe.org regarding hxCpp

Lee Sylvester
I'm really trying to get the funds together to buy myself a Mac.
Hopefully, that shouldn't be too far away. Once I do, I'll compile the
darn thing myself ;-)

Lee