MassLoad onComplete Not Firing

Lee Sylvester

Hi guys,

So, I’m using MassLoad in an app. I’ve fixed some incompatibilities with the latest haXe release, and I’m finding a really annoying issue.  I don’t think it’s MassLoad’s fault per se, but for some reason, the onComplete event for loaded items never fires.  The onProgress event works a treat, but the onComplete doesn’t even seem to be called within the ILoadFile class…  Has anyone else had this problem and dealt with it?

RE: MassLoad onComplete Not Firing

Lee Sylvester

Anyone at all experienced this?  Any ideas?  L

So, I’m using MassLoad in an app. I’ve fixed some incompatibilities with the latest haXe release, and I’m finding a really annoying issue.  I don’t think it’s MassLoad’s fault per se, but for some reason, the onComplete event for loaded items never fires.  The onProgress event works a treat, but the onComplete doesn’t even seem to be called within the ILoadFile class…  Has anyone else had this problem and dealt with it?

Re: MassLoad onComplete Not Firing

I don't use it, but with flash I tend to use onLoadInit does it have that as well, what sort of stuff are you loading, my simple loading approaches work well for me, I can send you them if you want.

Cheers

;j

Anyone at all experienced this?  Any ideas?  L
So, I’m using MassLoad in an app. I’ve fixed some incompatibilities with the latest haXe release, and I’m finding a really annoying issue.  I don’t think it’s MassLoad’s fault per se, but for some reason, the onComplete event for loaded items never fires.  The onProgress event works a treat, but the onComplete doesn’t even seem to be called within the ILoadFile class…  Has anyone else had this problem and dealt with it?

Re: MassLoad onComplete Not Firing

Bastien Levasseur
Hi,

I've already got this problem when I wanted to load another swf, if the Loader isn't attach to the scene there is no Complete event.
But, I noticed that if the swf is in the same folder of the preloader, the Complete isn't fired but if he's an other folder at the same level of the preloader's folder Complete is fired without attaching the Loader...

Bastien

-----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

RE: MassLoad onComplete Not Firing

Lee Sylvester

Thank you, Bastien.  That’s given me some idea’s.

Lee

[...]

Hey Justin,

The init event doesn’t get called, either.  The progress event does, and shows all bytes being received, but that’s the end of it L  The files I’m loading are PNG’s, Jpegs, Wav’s, SWF’s etc.  I’m loading about 30 files altogether, but only 3 at a time.  However, no files complete their loading, even if I reduce it to one at a time.

If you could show me how you do it, that would be great.  I’m sure I’ve messed up my ApplicationDomain handling, or something.  It’s quite embarrassing, really ;-)

Lee

So, I’m using MassLoad in an app. I’ve fixed some incompatibilities with the latest haXe release, and I’m finding a really annoying issue.  I don’t think it’s MassLoad’s fault per se, but for some reason, the onComplete event for loaded items never fires.  The onProgress event works a treat, but the onComplete doesn’t even seem to be called within the ILoadFile class…  Has anyone else had this problem and dealt with it?

RE: MassLoad onComplete Not Firing

Lee Sylvester

It’s the loader.  Not sure why, but the level of abstraction seems to be causing a problem.  It works if I load straight into my model.  I’m going to create my own mass loader to get around the problem

Lee

[...]

justin_mills

I sent you something off list, if you have any probs using my loaders use my other mailing list email not the one I sent with or this one, sorry I did not have time to reorganise a simple example I can send something tidier tonight if you still need.

;j

Re: MassLoad onComplete Not Firing

Joshua Harlan Lifton
Lee,

I'm not using MassLoad, but I am seeing a similar problem
intermittently when loading many images at the same time. The Flash
version works as expected, but the NME version on iPad and Mac desktop
consistently fails to load the first batch of images. This might be
because, as already mentioned in this thread, the problem has
something to do with the Loaders needing to be part of the scene in
order for the complete event to fire. I'll start experimenting on
workarounds/solutions today. Did you end up finding a way around this?

Thanks,
Josh

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone at all experienced this?  Any ideas?  L

Thanks Josh,

Yeah, I found that after some searching. BulkLoader seems to manage, though.  Haven't looked to work out how, though.

Sent from my iPad

On 1 May 2011, at 15:51, Joshua Harlan Lifton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lee,
>
> I'm not using MassLoad, but I am seeing a similar problem
> intermittently when loading many images at the same time. The Flash
> version works as expected, but the NME version on iPad and Mac desktop
> consistently fails to load the first batch of images. This might be
> because, as already mentioned in this thread, the problem has
> something to do with the Loaders needing to be part of the scene in
> order for the complete event to fire. I'll start experimenting on
> workarounds/solutions today. Did you end up finding a way around this?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Anyone at all experienced this?  Any ideas?  L

jlm@justinfront.net
Lee did you get the snipits working I send would it be worth me
tidying them up into a library?

Cheers

;j

On 1 May 2011, at 20:47, Lee Sylvester wrote:

> Thanks Josh,
>
> Yeah, I found that after some searching. BulkLoader seems to manage,
> though.  Haven't looked to work out how, though.
>
> Cheers,
> Lee
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 1 May 2011, at 15:51, Joshua Harlan Lifton <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> Lee,
>>
>> I'm not using MassLoad, but I am seeing a similar problem
>> intermittently when loading many images at the same time. The Flash
>> version works as expected, but the NME version on iPad and Mac
>> desktop
>> consistently fails to load the first batch of images. This might be
>> because, as already mentioned in this thread, the problem has
>> something to do with the Loaders needing to be part of the scene in
>> order for the complete event to fire. I'll start experimenting on
>> workarounds/solutions today. Did you end up finding a way around
>> this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Lee Sylvester
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Anyone at all experienced this?  Any ideas?  L

Hi Justin,

I did attempt to incorporate them into a new class, but it was taking too long, so I took the short way out and used BulkLoader.  Thanks for the code, tho.  It'll come in handy later when I need a haXe developed implementation.

Btw, are you going to haXeCon?

Sent from my iPad

On 1 May 2011, at 19:56, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lee did you get the snipits working I send would it be worth me tidying them up into a library?
>
> Cheers
>
> ;j
>
> On 1 May 2011, at 20:47, Lee Sylvester wrote:
>
>> Thanks Josh,
>>
>> Yeah, I found that after some searching. BulkLoader seems to manage, though.  Haven't looked to work out how, though.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Lee
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 1 May 2011, at 15:51, Joshua Harlan Lifton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Lee,
>>>
>>> I'm not using MassLoad, but I am seeing a similar problem
>>> intermittently when loading many images at the same time. The Flash
>>> version works as expected, but the NME version on iPad and Mac desktop
>>> consistently fails to load the first batch of images. This might be
>>> because, as already mentioned in this thread, the problem has
>>> something to do with the Loaders needing to be part of the scene in
>>> order for the complete event to fire. I'll start experimenting on
>>> workarounds/solutions today. Did you end up finding a way around this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Josh

Tony Polinelli
I made a fairly simple bulk loader for haxe a while ago - http://code.google.com/p/touchmypixel/source/browse#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fhaxe%2Fsrc%2Fhxloader

i'd be interested to know if it works in your requirements

example usage: http://code.google.com/p/touchmypixel/source/browse/trunk/haxe/projects/hxloader/src/Main.hx