Looking for input on node.js development, using haxe

Looking for input on node.js development, using haxe

singmajesty
If someone would like to develop for node.js using haxe, what do they need
installed?

Do they just need to install "nodejs" off of haxelib? Is that everything
they need? Does it "just work"?

As well, if someone went down that path, are there other libraries that
are useful for nodejs development?

Re: Looking for input on node.js development, using haxe

blackdog
On 10/13/2011 03:59 PM, Joshua Granick wrote:
> If someone would like to develop for node.js using haxe, what do they
> need installed?
>
> Do they just need to install "nodejs" off of haxelib? Is that
> everything they need? Does it "just work"?
>
> As well, if someone went down that path, are there other libraries
> that are useful for nodejs development?

The nodejs typedefs on haxelib give you the raw interface to nodejs api
with no haxe adornments like enums or classes.

If you want to see in use have a look at my Http repo on
github.com/cloudshift.
Tong has an xmpp server, and dion has hydrax, both available on github.

bd

--
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Looking for input on node.js development, using haxe

sledorze
I started this path this week :)

you need all nodejs dev environment.
You need git, obviously, this is the base for most if all repos.
This includes Ruby for tools (best installed via RVM for more moduarity)
http://beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/

Then you need to install nodejs.
Then you need the npm (package manager) installed.

on the haxe side; you need nodejs and you would greatly benefit from using the externs (check my or dion's repo).

Something that annoyed me was that I needed a linux vm to run nodejs and npm (specially because npm is totally broken on windows) and that FlashDevelop runs on windows.
I have been able to make it work using vmware with ubuntu as guest and share a folder (not using vmware tools sharing which prevent symlinks to work) but using 'normal' network folder sharing.

I think you best try it yourself and ask on need!
Hopes it helps,

Stephane

Re: Looking for input on node.js development, using haxe

sledorze
obviously, if you use an extern, you need to corresponding module installed via npm...