tommedema
I'm working on an AssetLoader which will download assets (mostly images) from the web and cache them.

Now, I could do this for the flash platform with the actionscript API. I was wondering however, if there's a universal haXe way to download and store bytes of an asset from the web by giving the corresponding URL?

Regards,
Tom

Re: Loading external assets with haXe

James W. Hofmann
I did URL-based asset loading for my game framework, Fireball(which isn't 1.0 yet, but it's getting there):

http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/

The core files for this system are:

http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/src/tip/nina/src/core/Asset.hx
http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/src/tip/nina/src/server.py
http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/src/tip/nina/src/solid.py

This code was based on an earlier project, Liberation, which I documented here, and mostly still works as described:

http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/liberation/wiki/Home

The license is going to be either new-BSD or zlib/libpng, I just haven't got around to formalizing it yet.

Re: Loading external assets with haXe

Baluta Cristian
There's also massloader and i have one myself here: http://ralcr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Foundation/RCLib.hx (not really complete)
I don't know about other targets than flash9, but i'd be interested.

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM, James W. Hofmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

I did URL-based asset loading for my game framework, Fireball(which isn't 1.0
yet, but it's getting there):

http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/

The core files for this system are:

http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/src/tip/nina/src/core/Asset.hx
http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/src/tip/nina/src/server.py
http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/fireball/src/tip/nina/src/solid.py

This code was based on an earlier project, Liberation, which I documented
here, and mostly still works as described:

http://bitbucket.org/triplefox/liberation/wiki/Home

The license is going to be either new-BSD or zlib/libpng, I just haven't got
around to formalizing it yet.

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro