Linux x64 binary for libneko.so?

Do you think it would be possible to post x64 binaries of Neko for Linux,
or even better, hook it up to the haXe installer, so there isn't a nasty
surprise when you try to install haXe on a 64-bit Linux system?

Anyone out there have a binary they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm stuck with
a 32-bit version of libneko.so, and maybe some other files.

Re: Linux x64 binary for libneko.so?

Anthony Loizeau
Hi,

Same problem, same question :

Anyone out there have a x64 binaries of Neko for Linux they wouldn't mind sharing ?

Without them, I can't resolve my Mutex issue : they don't work on my current old version of Neko.

Thanks.

2011/4/15 Joshua Granick <[hidden email]>
Hi,

Do you think it would be possible to post x64 binaries of Neko for Linux, or even better, hook it up to the haXe installer, so there isn't a nasty surprise when you try to install haXe on a 64-bit Linux system?

Anyone out there have a binary they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm stuck with a 32-bit version of libneko.so, and maybe some other files.

Re: Linux x64 binary for libneko.so?

alexander.konotop
В Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:41:14 +0200
Anthony Loizeau <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Hi,
>
> Same problem, same question :
>
> Anyone out there have a x64 binaries of Neko for Linux they wouldn't
> mind sharing ?
>
> Without them, I can't resolve my Mutex issue : they don't work on my
> current old version of Neko.
>
> Thanks.
>

> 2011/4/15 Joshua Granick <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you think it would be possible to post x64 binaries of Neko for
> > Linux, or even better, hook it up to the haXe installer, so there
> > isn't a nasty surprise when you try to install haXe on a 64-bit
> > Linux system?
> >
> > Anyone out there have a binary they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm
> > stuck with a 32-bit version of libneko.so, and maybe some other
> > files.
> >
> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

I think that they can be extracted from a neko package of any
Linux Distribution which has a suitable neko version. For example,
Debian sid(unstable) has neko 1.8.1. You can download neko, libneko0,
neko-dev and mod_neko packages from packages.debian.org, open the *.deb
as an archive and extract the needed libraries/files. But You must know
that this is not a good idea yet, because neko from other distribution
could be built (for example) with another version of libmysql, libgc or
smth else. In this case it will just crash in Your environment. So if
You have another distribution - either You'd better find some kind of
experimental repository which has the needed neko build or compile it
Yourself and make a package (Yes, I know that it'll take a long time,
I still can't make packages, too, though I'm using *nix for last about
6 years).

Best regards
Alexander

Re: Linux x64 binary for libneko.so?

singmajesty
Wow,

I didn't realize I could "sudo apt-get install haxe neko"

This should really be posted on the website

Thanks!

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:19:58 -0700, Alexander Konotop
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> В Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:41:14 +0200
> Anthony Loizeau <[hidden email]> пишет:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Same problem, same question :
>>
>> Anyone out there have a x64 binaries of Neko for Linux they wouldn't
>> mind sharing ?
>>
>> Without them, I can't resolve my Mutex issue : they don't work on my
>> current old version of Neko.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> 2011/4/15 Joshua Granick <[hidden email]>
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Do you think it would be possible to post x64 binaries of Neko for
>> > Linux, or even better, hook it up to the haXe installer, so there
>> > isn't a nasty surprise when you try to install haXe on a 64-bit
>> > Linux system?
>> >
>> > Anyone out there have a binary they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm
>> > stuck with a 32-bit version of libneko.so, and maybe some other
>> > files.
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org
>> >

> I think that they can be extracted from a neko package of any
> Linux Distribution which has a suitable neko version. For example,
> Debian sid(unstable) has neko 1.8.1. You can download neko, libneko0,
> neko-dev and mod_neko packages from packages.debian.org, open the *.deb
> as an archive and extract the needed libraries/files. But You must know
> that this is not a good idea yet, because neko from other distribution
> could be built (for example) with another version of libmysql, libgc or
> smth else. In this case it will just crash in Your environment. So if
> You have another distribution - either You'd better find some kind of
> experimental repository which has the needed neko build or compile it
> Yourself and make a package (Yes, I know that it'll take a long time,
> I still can't make packages, too, though I'm using *nix for last about
> 6 years).
>
> Best regards
> Alexander

Re: Linux x64 binary for libneko.so?

alexander.konotop
В Sat, 16 Apr 2011 05:17:58 -0700
"Joshua Granick" <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Wow,
>
> I didn't realize I could "sudo apt-get install haxe neko"
>
> This should really be posted on the website
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:19:58 -0700, Alexander Konotop
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > В Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:41:14 +0200
> > Anthony Loizeau <[hidden email]> пишет:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Same problem, same question :
> >>
> >> Anyone out there have a x64 binaries of Neko for Linux they
> >> wouldn't mind sharing ?
> >>
> >> Without them, I can't resolve my Mutex issue : they don't work on
> >> my current old version of Neko.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

> > I think that they can be extracted from a neko package of any
> > Linux Distribution which has a suitable neko version. For example,
> > Debian sid(unstable) has neko 1.8.1. You can download neko,
> > libneko0, neko-dev and mod_neko packages from packages.debian.org,
> > open the *.deb as an archive and extract the needed
> > libraries/files. But You must know that this is not a good idea
> > yet, because neko from other distribution could be built (for
> > example) with another version of libmysql, libgc or smth else. In
> > this case it will just crash in Your environment. So if You have
> > another distribution - either You'd better find some kind of
> > experimental repository which has the needed neko build or compile
> > it Yourself and make a package (Yes, I know that it'll take a long
> > time, I still can't make packages, too, though I'm using *nix for
> > last about 6 years).
> >
> > Best regards
> > Alexander

:-)

Re: Linux x64 binary for libneko.so?

Andy Li
That should be haxe 2.05.
2.07 is still in unstable, hope that will be included in ubuntu 11.04!
I've add that info some time ago on http://haxe.org/installation/ubuntu.

cheers,
Andy

2011/4/16 Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]>
В Sat, 16 Apr 2011 05:17:58 -0700
"Joshua Granick" <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Wow,
>
> I didn't realize I could "sudo apt-get install haxe neko"
>
> This should really be posted on the website
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:19:58 -0700, Alexander Konotop
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > В Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:41:14 +0200
> > Anthony Loizeau <[hidden email]> пишет:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Same problem, same question :
> >>
> >> Anyone out there have a x64 binaries of Neko for Linux they
> >> wouldn't mind sharing ?
> >>
> >> Without them, I can't resolve my Mutex issue : they don't work on
> >> my current old version of Neko.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

> > I think that they can be extracted from a neko package of any
> > Linux Distribution which has a suitable neko version. For example,
> > Debian sid(unstable) has neko 1.8.1. You can download neko,
> > libneko0, neko-dev and mod_neko packages from packages.debian.org,
> > open the *.deb as an archive and extract the needed
> > libraries/files. But You must know that this is not a good idea
> > yet, because neko from other distribution could be built (for
> > example) with another version of libmysql, libgc or smth else. In
> > this case it will just crash in Your environment. So if You have
> > another distribution - either You'd better find some kind of
> > experimental repository which has the needed neko build or compile
> > it Yourself and make a package (Yes, I know that it'll take a long
> > time, I still can't make packages, too, though I'm using *nix for
> > last about 6 years).
> >
> > Best regards
> > Alexander

:-)

Re: Linux x64 binary for libneko.so?

Philipp Klose-2
Depending on your Debian/Ubuntu version this is most likely an outdated
version of haXe and/or neko.

It would be really cool if someone is familiar with launchpad and could
create a ppa for recent/nightly versions of haXe/neko then launchpad
would create recent packages for all supported Ubuntu-versions.

Jens Peter Secher
On 2011-04-16 17:35, Andy Li wrote:
> 2.07 is still in unstable

haxe 2.07 is not propagating to Testing (and thus Ubuntu) because of
build failures on the freebsd-based build systems [1].  I am considering
excluding freebsd systems all together because of these problems that I
cannot really do anything about [2].

Cheers,
/JP

[1] http://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=haxe