Lib FFI for haXe

Cauê W.
Hey guys,

Just want you to know that yesterday I've made libffi bindings to neko/cpp . You can get them on the haxelib (hxffi) or at http://code.google.com/p/hxffi/ .

LibFfi is an awesome lib that enables us from C to call a function without knowing its parameters at compile time. It's got a great liberal license (which I plan to maintain like that), and has got support for different calling conventions.

The reason behind this is an effort we at Comtacti are making to reduce the need of neko/cpp glue code, and be able to interface with native code directly from haxe. For this there are many features we need to have, such as c-like structures. We are working on that also, and soon we'll release a complete library, with some killer features!

Stay tuned ;)
Cheers
Cauê

Re: Lib FFI for haXe

Justin Donaldson-3
This sounds great, thanks for the work and licensing.

What kinds of C libraries are you trying to design for, web related?  HPC? mobile dev?

-Justin

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sounds great.  Very useful indeed.  Thanks Cauê.

Lee

Re: Lib FFI for haXe

What kinds of C libraries are you trying to design for, web related?  HPC? mobile dev?

Hey Justin!

At first my primary goal is really on getting opengl to work on desktop + iOs. And really my long-term goal is to make objective-c runtime available so we can call objective c code from inside haxe!