Just found out this today // spaceport.io

alx

Just found out this today // spaceport.io

alx
http://spaceport.io/

In their own words "Write code in Javascript with the AS3 API", I've used it and they are pretty much in a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha stage.

iOS support is fake, or at least not what you expect for "native iOS app".

I saw it, and immediately tought of haXe. However is actually something like run your app within our enclosed interpreters.

News is, they've got 5M in funding yesterday :S, lots of weird stuff is being seen lately on silicon valley.

Re: Just found out this today // spaceport.io

Raoul Duke
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM, alx <[hidden email]> wrote:
> News is, they've got 5M in funding yesterday :S, lots of weird stuff is
> being seen lately on silicon valley.

eh. there's always lots of weird stuff in s.v., and where the money
goes doesn't really have to correspond to where the good ideas or
tools are.

Re: Just found out this today // spaceport.io

singmajesty
I don't know about you guys, but I'm open for donations

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:30:13 -0700, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM, alx <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> News is, they've got 5M in funding yesterday :S, lots of weird stuff is
>> being seen lately on silicon valley.
>
> eh. there's always lots of weird stuff in s.v., and where the money
> goes doesn't really have to correspond to where the good ideas or
> tools are.

Re: Just found out this today // spaceport.io

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
I've been in contact with these guys a bit. The good thing they DO have (from what I can tell) is their own format for holding Flash assets, which can then be rendered by all targets - my understanding is it has to be converted first.

One thing I don't get is how they intend to have this actually publish on the App Store as my understanding is that you cannot have interpreted languages running there, except through their own Safari Javascript? This is apart from the fact it will be slower for games seeing as it's not compiled. Oh well ...

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Then set it up ? I'm sure there are people who want to donate to haXe/NME, maybe team up with FD guys (about donation) to make haXe/NME/FD bundle happen faster ?

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Joshua Granick <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm open for donations

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:30:13 -0700, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM, alx <[hidden email]> wrote:
News is, they've got 5M in funding yesterday :S, lots of weird stuff is
being seen lately on silicon valley.

eh. there's always lots of weird stuff in s.v., and where the money
goes doesn't really have to correspond to where the good ideas or
tools are.

Re: Just found out this today // spaceport.io

Bruno Fonzi
I was actually visiting their office just today!
They were very open to discuss any haxe integration.
If interested, let me know.

Bruno

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:14 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer wrote:

[...]

Ah, wonderful. I'm planning on going to have a chat with them soon as well. I have some projects that need their Flash rendering capabilities, but I'd prefer to write in haxe. So hopefully we can work with them to create something useful that they can use as a showcase piece. I'll keep the list up to date with any info that might be useful to haxe people.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Bruno Fonzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was actually visiting their office just today!
They were very open to discuss any haxe integration.
If interested, let me know.

Bruno

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:14 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer wrote:

I've been in contact with these guys a bit. The good thing they DO have (from what I can tell) is their own format for holding Flash assets, which can then be rendered by all targets - my understanding is it has to be converted first.

One thing I don't get is how they intend to have this actually publish on the App Store as my understanding is that you cannot have interpreted languages running there, except through their own Safari Javascript? This is apart from the fact it will be slower for games seeing as it's not compiled. Oh well ...

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Then set it up ? I'm sure there are people who want to donate to haXe/NME, maybe team up with FD guys (about donation) to make haXe/NME/FD bundle happen faster ?

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Joshua Granick <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm open for donations

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:30:13 -0700, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM, alx <[hidden email]> wrote:
News is, they've got 5M in funding yesterday :S, lots of weird stuff is
being seen lately on silicon valley.

eh. there's always lots of weird stuff in s.v., and where the money
goes doesn't really have to correspond to where the good ideas or
tools are.

Re: Just found out this today // spaceport.io

Chris Ochs
I don't know all the details about how to do this so apple is happy,
but you can package an interpreter with an app.
http://rhomobile.com/products/rhodes.

Chris

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been in contact with these guys a bit. The good thing they DO have
> (from what I can tell) is their own format for holding Flash assets, which
> can then be rendered by all targets - my understanding is it has to be
> converted first.
> One thing I don't get is how they intend to have this actually publish on
> the App Store as my understanding is that you cannot have interpreted
> languages running there, except through their own Safari Javascript? This is
> apart from the fact it will be slower for games seeing as it's not compiled.
> Oh well ...
>
> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> _______________________
>
> Touch My Pixel
> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
> _______________________
>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Then set it up ? I'm sure there are people who want to donate to haXe/NME,
>> maybe team up with FD guys (about donation) to make haXe/NME/FD bundle
>> happen faster ?
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Joshua Granick
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm open for donations

Re: Just found out this today // spaceport.io

George McBay
Adobe also allows publishing to iOS in their pro Flash tools.  Apple
eventually dropped the restriction on interpreted languages due to the
developer backlash.  You still aren't supposed to submit code that
downloads additional code dynamically, but using interpreted languages
is fine.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Chris Ochs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know all the details about how to do this so apple is happy,
> but you can package an interpreter with an app.
> http://rhomobile.com/products/rhodes.
>
> Chris
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've been in contact with these guys a bit. The good thing they DO have
>> (from what I can tell) is their own format for holding Flash assets, which
>> can then be rendered by all targets - my understanding is it has to be
>> converted first.
>> One thing I don't get is how they intend to have this actually publish on
>> the App Store as my understanding is that you cannot have interpreted
>> languages running there, except through their own Safari Javascript? This is
>> apart from the fact it will be slower for games seeing as it's not compiled.
>> Oh well ...
>>
>> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>> _______________________
>>
>> Touch My Pixel
>> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
>> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
>> _______________________
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Achmad Aulia Noorhakim <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Then set it up ? I'm sure there are people who want to donate to haXe/NME,
>>> maybe team up with FD guys (about donation) to make haXe/NME/FD bundle
>>> happen faster ?

Re: Just found out this today // spaceport.io

Well, if they want to throw about 1 million of that my way, I
can help them integrate NME.  Of course the license is permissive,
and they are welcome to just use the code - it was running under v8
at some stage.

Hugh