Jeash is up and running with NME

singmajesty
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make a small announcement that Jeash is now working as an
HTML5 target for NME.

Similar to other NME targets, you can build and run your project for
Javascript using a single command:

haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml html5

haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml webos
haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml cpp
haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml cpp -64
haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml android
haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml ios -simulator
haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml ios -simulator -ipad
haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml flash

There are a couple small things I'd like to work out, but you can use
bitmaps, fonts and sounds using the same API as every other target. I'm
excited by how Jeash appears to have improved since I last tried it out,
and I'm excited to see the efforts of the Haxe community coming together
with a tool like this.

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

Franco Ponticelli
Congratulations! That is a big news.

I hope I can find the time to try it soon.

Franco

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Joshua Granick <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

sledorze
Wonderful,

We've now more than a cross target language, we also have a cross target platform.
Thanks for all those which have made that possible!

Stephane, Lurking towards HxGL now..

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

singmajesty
I'm very excited by HxGL, though I'm sure its a big undertaking!

Personally, I feel that support for "Stage3D" for mobile would be the most
exciting feature. This would allow compatibility with Flash 11 for either
web projects or native mobile projects.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:51:36 -0700, sledorze <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Wonderful,
>
> We've now more than a cross target language, we also have a cross target
> platform.
> Thanks for all those which have made that possible!
>
> Stephane, Lurking towards HxGL now..

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

sledorze
That was the goal, really..

wrote:

> Wonderful,
>
> We've now more than a cross target language, we also have a cross target
> platform.
> Thanks for all those which have made that possible!
>
> Stephane, Lurking towards HxGL now..

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/Jeash-is-up-and-running-with-NME-tp6821981p6822132.html

Stéphane Le Dorze

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

singmajesty
When HxGL first caught my attention, Matthew was talking about it at the
first Haxe hangout.

I heard goals of an abstract API, running for OpenGL, OpenGL ES and webGL,
supporting Stage3D APIs as well as the Haxe shader language for all
targets. I think that is a great, great goal, and I like that idea... but
I wasn't sure if the project was heading in this "full" direction, or if
it might be sensible to narrow the scope to a single goal, like Stage3D
for OpenGL ES, then abstracting the codebase and refactoring as it grows
 from there.

I really like the idea of the full scope, but I know how I usually
(personally) perform better when I give myself short attainable goals I
can put to use more quickly.

I'm excited... I apologize if I sound like I'm critical or imposing my own
ideas on the project.

Thanks :)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:42:27 -0700, sledorze <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> That was the goal, really..
>
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:10 AM, singmajesty [via Haxe] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm very excited by HxGL, though I'm sure its a big undertaking!
>>
>> Personally, I feel that support for "Stage3D" for mobile would be the
>> most
>>
>> exciting feature. This would allow compatibility with Flash 11 for
>> either
>>
>> web projects or native mobile projects.
>>

>> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:51:36 -0700, sledorze <[hidden
>> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6822132&i=0>>
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Wonderful,
>> >
>> > We've now more than a cross target language, we also have a cross
>> target
>> > platform.
>> > Thanks for all those which have made that possible!
>> >
>> > Stephane, Lurking towards HxGL now..
>> >

>> > --

>> here<

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

Matthew Spencer-2
When we started it, we had the display3D* stuff mostly implemented (flash style). That was kind of treading on NME's domain though.

The GL code itself is quite simple to implement, right now we need to finish up work on the HxSL->GLSL prototype and the iOS/Android context. I've just gotten an Android device, so once things settle at work, I will fix that context.

 Unfortunately, due to time constraints the project is going slowly (for the moment). Sorry for all the delays!

--Matthew Spencer

Le 22/09/2011 23:16, Joshua Granick a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just wanted to make a small announcement that Jeash is now working as
> an HTML5 target for NME.

Congratulations !

Once thing I would like to see would be a compatibility list which would
list all classes/methods of the flash API that are currently implemented
in NME with notes about platform-specific tweaks that might be needed
(or performances considerations).

That would be a nice way to track NME progress and quickly find where
people can contribute the missing parts.

Keep up with the good work !

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

Jason O'Neil-2
Good work!

Thanks so much for all the effort you've been putting in :)  Look forward to playing with it.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 5:16 AM, Joshua Granick <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Matthew,

Could this be implemented directly in NME?

The purpose of NME is to implement the Flash API in C++. There's no reason
why Stage3D couldn't exist in the NME project, directly.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:41:10 -0700, Matthew Spencer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> When we started it, we had the display3D* stuff mostly implemented (flash
> style). That was kind of treading on NME's domain though.
>
> The GL code itself is quite simple to implement, right now we need to
> finish
> up work on the HxSL->GLSL prototype and the iOS/Android context. I've
> just
> gotten an Android device, so once things settle at work, I will fix that
> context.
>
>  Unfortunately, due to time constraints the project is going slowly (for
> the
> moment). Sorry for all the delays!
>
> --Matthew Spencer

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

I should get started with haxedoc to publish documentation for the API :)

If you are using NME from SVN, the classes are configured to support the
"nme" package for all classes, so you can create projects that refer to
nme.display.Sprite or nme.net.URLRequest and it will resolve properly.

This should make it easy to see which classes NME supports. I am still in
the process of making sure the properties and methods for each class are
as close as possible.

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 01:23:56 -0700, Nicolas Cannasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 22/09/2011 23:16, Joshua Granick a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I just wanted to make a small announcement that Jeash is now working as
>> an HTML5 target for NME.
>
> Congratulations !
>
> Once thing I would like to see would be a compatibility list which would
> list all classes/methods of the flash API that are currently implemented
> in NME with notes about platform-specific tweaks that might be needed
> (or performances considerations).
>
> That would be a nice way to track NME progress and quickly find where
> people can contribute the missing parts.
>
> Keep up with the good work !
>
> Best,

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

Felipe
Amazing news!

I was really hoping to see something like this.
Thanks a lot to all who made this.

How could I get a version of this NME??

Thanks.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Joshua Granick <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Absolutely agree. This its the intention. Give me a week and we can start working out details.

On Sep 23, 2011 2:34 PM, "Joshua Granick" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Could this be implemented directly in NME?
>
> The purpose of NME is to implement the Flash API in C++. There's no reason
> why Stage3D couldn't exist in the NME project, directly.
>

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:41:10 -0700, Matthew Spencer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> When we started it, we had the display3D* stuff mostly implemented (flash
>> style). That was kind of treading on NME's domain though.
>>
>> The GL code itself is quite simple to implement, right now we need to
>> finish
>> up work on the HxSL->GLSL prototype and the iOS/Android context. I've
>> just
>> gotten an Android device, so once things settle at work, I will fix that
>> context.
>>
>> Unfortunately, due to time constraints the project is going slowly (for
>> the
>> moment). Sorry for all the delays!
>>
>> --Matthew Spencer

Re: Jeash is up and running with NME

If you would like to try NME from the SVN repository, you can find
instructions here :)

http://www.haxenme.org/developers/source/