Is it really Beginner's Guide book? Please see screenshot.

Is it really Beginner's Guide book? Please see screenshot.

Serhiy Solovyov
Beginner bought the book.
Beginner enters the first code.
Beginner sees on the screen ...

Screenshot.png (170K) Download Attachment

Re: Is it really Beginner's Guide book? Please see screenshot.

Benjamin Dasnois
Hi,

I remember this problem appeared years ago (and I also remember you already faced such a problem at the beginning of this year ;)).

Are you using a Debian based distribution and the packages from the distribution? If so, Jens Peter Secher who was (and maybe still is) maintaining these packages explained that he somehow needed to strip executables and this actually breaks the neko compiler making it impossible for the haXe compiler to use it. I don't know if this situation has changed right now.
Note that the same problem may exist in other distributions (I don't know and can't control package repositories) and I think I've faced it a long time ago with Fedora

If you're in this situation, try uninstalling the packages and installing with the installer from http://haxe.org/download

If we can confirm that this is the problem you are hitting, I will try to convince Nicolas to add something to the compiler so that it at least outputs an informative error message. ;) (Actually it should return an error as it could not compile)

Keep us updated! :)

Regards,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Serhiy Solovyov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Beginner bought the book.
Beginner enters the first code.
Beginner sees on the screen ...

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: Is it really Beginner's Guide book? Please see screenshot.

alexander.konotop
В Thu, 28 Jul 2011 08:42:37 +0300
Serhiy Solovyov <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Beginner bought the book.
> Beginner enters the first code.
> Beginner sees on the screen ...

Sergey, just try to compile once more, I have Debian and I have the
same problem sometimes. I don't know what is it but it doesn't really
interfer work. Approximately every 10th compile attempt I get this
error, but other 9 are working without changing code :-) If it won't
work - I can explain You where to take recent-built *.deb packages.