Is anyone using waxe? (wxWidgets/haXe)

Jason O'Neil-2
Hi List

Is anyone out there using waxe?  (I'm aware Hugh is one of the developers and won't be able to answer).  I'm considering using it for a project, either that or I try to pick up Python again and use PyQT or similar.  The reason I'm asking is because I'm currently sporting only a linux laptop, and it doesn't look like waxe has been compiled yet for linux.  I'm wondering if the project is mature enough to be worth my time figuring out how to get it to compile / run on linux.

So, anyone using it?  Is it worth me learning?  It's for a relatively small project, creating a simple GUI to do simple operations at a school I'm doing some work with.

Jason

Re: Is anyone using waxe? (wxWidgets/haXe)

jboadas
Hello just my first post. Im a newcomer to Haxe (a newbie Haxer)

I was wondering with this seem question, I have a very big project in AS3 and looking if I Can port it to Haxe but cant found a clue on a Haxe gui library. Maybe more advanced Haxer's can answer this.

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Is anyone using waxe? (wxWidgets/haXe)

rammserker
We have some GUI libraries round there. You can use aswing ( website: http://www.aswing.org/, in haxe wiki: http://haxe.org/com/libs/aswing ). It's cross platform, and works pretty well. You can get it using haxelib:

> haxelib install aswing

Personally, I use minimalcomps haXe port ( https://github.com/slaskis/minimalcomps ). There are very simple but useful components in the library. and very customizable. It's not cross platform, but it's very simple to get it compiled in the platform you want ;) I'm forgotting some other libraries, but these two are my main focus when developing GUI's.

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1