Integrating Facebook Connect with Haxe/Flash

Integrating Facebook Connect with Haxe/Flash

Régis Leboeuf
Hello,

I am working on a project made with Haxe for Flash that needs to use Facebook Connect.
What is the best way to do this?

I first tried to integrate the facebook-actionscript-api using the swf-lib option with the library file but I got the following error :
lib/[hidden email]:1: character 0 : Same field name can't be use for both static and instance : hasJSEventListener

So I am not sur that I can use the official AS3 library. That's why I would like to know if there is an dedicated Haxe library that can manage Facebook Connect, or an other way to do this?

Thank you,
Regis.

Re: Integrating Facebook Connect with Haxe/Flash

Julien CASTETS

Hi,

What I did is checkout the code and remove the singleton pattern to avoid this issue and recompile to swc using mxmlc.

My own is not up to date but still working nicely.

Hope it helps
Julien

Le 5 oct. 2011 13:31, "Régis Leboeuf" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project made with Haxe for Flash that needs to use
> Facebook Connect.
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> I first tried to integrate the facebook-actionscript-api using the swf-lib
> option with the library file but I got the following error :
> *lib/[hidden email]:1: character 0 : Same field
> name can't be use for both static and instance : hasJSEventListener*
> *
> *
> So I am not sur that I can use the official AS3 library. That's why I would
> like to know if there is an dedicated Haxe library that can manage Facebook
> Connect, or an other way to do this?
>
> Thank you,
> Regis.

Re: Integrating Facebook Connect with Haxe/Flash

Régis Leboeuf
Hi Julien,

I am not used to AS3 compilation so can you send me the mxml you set up to recompile the API please?

Thank you.

2011/10/5 Julien CASTETS <[hidden email]>

Hi,

What I did is checkout the code and remove the singleton pattern to avoid this issue and recompile to swc using mxmlc.

My own is not up to date but still working nicely.

Hope it helps
Julien

Le 5 oct. 2011 13:31, "Régis Leboeuf" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project made with Haxe for Flash that needs to use
> Facebook Connect.
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> I first tried to integrate the facebook-actionscript-api using the swf-lib
> option with the library file but I got the following error :
> *lib/[hidden email]:1: character 0 : Same field
> name can't be use for both static and instance : hasJSEventListener*
> *

> *
> So I am not sur that I can use the official AS3 library. That's why I would
> like to know if there is an dedicated Haxe library that can manage Facebook
> Connect, or an other way to do this?
>
> Thank you,
> Regis.

Re: Integrating Facebook Connect with Haxe/Flash

Julien CASTETS
Neiter me :)
Not need for a mxml file, I'm just using the mxmlc compiler with flashdevelop. Simple :)

Here is (attached) my project file and sources

Hope it helps
Julien

FB_Graph_Api.7z (30K) Download Attachment

Re: Integrating Facebook Connect with Haxe/Flash

Régis Leboeuf
Thank you very much Julien !!

It seems to work fine now :)

2011/10/5 Julien CASTETS <[hidden email]>
Neiter me :)
Not need for a mxml file, I'm just using the mxmlc compiler with flashdevelop. Simple :)

Here is (attached) my project file and sources

Hope it helps
Julien

2011/10/5 Régis Leboeuf <[hidden email]>
Hi Julien,

I am not used to AS3 compilation so can you send me the mxml you set up to recompile the API please?

Thank you.

2011/10/5 Julien CASTETS <[hidden email]>

Hi,

What I did is checkout the code and remove the singleton pattern to avoid this issue and recompile to swc using mxmlc.

My own is not up to date but still working nicely.

Hope it helps
Julien

Le 5 oct. 2011 13:31, "Régis Leboeuf" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project made with Haxe for Flash that needs to use
> Facebook Connect.
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> I first tried to integrate the facebook-actionscript-api using the swf-lib
> option with the library file but I got the following error :
> *lib/[hidden email]:1: character 0 : Same field
> name can't be use for both static and instance : hasJSEventListener*
> *

> *
> So I am not sur that I can use the official AS3 library. That's why I would
> like to know if there is an dedicated Haxe library that can manage Facebook
> Connect, or an other way to do this?
>
> Thank you,
> Regis.

Re: Integrating Facebook Connect with Haxe/Flash

Julien CASTETS
Please note that this version is not the latest :)