How to write file on iphone?

m5no1
I have updated hxccp and nme,but “cpp.io.File.write()” still cause a crash on iphone.is there any other method to write file on iphone?
and how do I get Documents directory for my app on iphone?

Re: How to write file on iphone?

singmajesty
There is a small bug in haXe 2.06 that causes the File apis to crash.

The fastest route (for now) is to update to the latest version of hxcpp
 from SVN, then add "-lib hxcpp" when you compile. If you patch your haXe
install or install a dev build, you won't need to add "-lib hxcpp"

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:35:52 -0700, m5no1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have updated hxccp and nme,but “cpp.io.File.write()” still cause a
> crash on
> iphone.is there any other method to write file on iphone?
> and how do I get Documents directory for my app on iphone?

Re: How to write file on iphone?

Cauê W.
or you can just take the .__s off from the File.cpp file at %HXCPP%/src/hx! ;)
It's just two lines you have to change!

2010/9/14 Joshua Granick <[hidden email]>
There is a small bug in haXe 2.06 that causes the File apis to crash.

The fastest route (for now) is to update to the latest version of hxcpp from SVN, then add "-lib hxcpp" when you compile. If you patch your haXe install or install a dev build, you won't need to add "-lib hxcpp"

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:35:52 -0700, m5no1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have updated hxccp and nme,but “cpp.io.File.write()” still cause a crash on
iphone.is there any other method to write file on iphone?
and how do I get Documents directory for my app on iphone?

Re: How to write file on iphone?

singmajesty

I tried to do that myself, but it didn't seem to work. Perhaps I changed
the file in haXe, but not hxcpp?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:36:59 -0700, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> or you can just take the .__s off from the File.cpp file at
> %HXCPP%/src/hx!
> ;)
> It's just two lines you have to change!
>
> 2010/9/14 Joshua Granick <[hidden email]>
>
>> There is a small bug in haXe 2.06 that causes the File apis to crash.
>>
>> The fastest route (for now) is to update to the latest version of hxcpp
>> from SVN, then add "-lib hxcpp" when you compile. If you patch your haXe
>> install or install a dev build, you won't need to add "-lib hxcpp"
>>

>> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:35:52 -0700, m5no1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> I have updated hxccp and nme,but “cpp.io.File.write()” still cause a
>>> crash
>>> on
>>> iphone.is there any other method to write file on iphone?
>>> and how do I get Documents directory for my app on iphone?

Re: How to write file on iphone?

Cauê W.
oops, sorry, maybe it was in haXe really, I made that change some time ago. :S

But if I recall it was a compile-time error that one, not a runtime.
Maybe it's another bug?

[...]

Jan_Flanders
See:

http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=173&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Platform%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary

Jan

Jan_Flanders

Re: How to write file on iphone?

m5no1
i've done this but still crash on iphone .

Re: How to write file on iphone?

I'll try to track this down my end.  Also to be sure
you are using the right File.hx from HXCPP, try putting an
obvious syntax error in this file and see if it is getting included.

Hugh