How to pronouncing haXe?

Fei Yin
It said haXe pronounced as hex on haxe.org website , but how can I
pronouncing hex? could anybody tell me this using IPA?

/heks/, /hɛks/, /heh/ or /hex/ ? Which one is right or all of these was wrong ?
----
Best regards

Yin Fei

>From Icebirds.net

Re: How to pronouncing haXe?

Krzysztof Różalski
Hi,

This subject just seems to be coming back over and over :)

The "proper form" (I guess) is: <a href="http://translate.google.com/#en|en|haxe">http://translate.google.com/#en|en|haxe - just press "listen"

Regards,
Christopher

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM, 尹飞 <[hidden email]> wrote:
It said haXe pronounced as hex on haxe.org website , but how can I
pronouncing hex? could anybody tell me this using IPA?

/heks/, /hɛks/, /heh/ or /hex/ ? Which one is right or all of these was wrong ?
----
Best regards

Yin Fei

>From Icebirds.net

Re: How to pronouncing haXe?

Fei Yin
OK, Then I think /heks/ was better . I ask for this cause I'm writing
a free book for Chinese user, but I don't know how to pronounce haXe
is right , I think /heks/ is better, But sometimes Chinese people
pronounce it as /ha:ʃi:/, /heʃi:/ . You know the character x in
Chinese we pronounce it like /ʃi:/, and in some other languages they
pronounce it like /h/ .
----
Best regards

Yin Fei

2011/6/3 尹飞 <[hidden email]>:

> It said haXe pronounced as hex on haxe.org website , but how can I
> pronouncing hex? could anybody tell me this using IPA?
>
> /heks/, /hɛks/, /heh/ or /hex/ ? Which one is right or all of these was wrong ?
> ----
> Best regards
>
> Yin Fei
>
> From Icebirds.net

RE: How to pronouncing haXe?

It was named by a French person, so I guess it should be more like this

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

It said haXe pronounced as hex on haxe.org website , but how can I
pronouncing hex? could anybody tell me this using IPA?

/heks/, /hɛks/, /heh/ or /hex/ ? Which one is right or all of these was wrong ?
----
Best regards

Yin Fei

>From Icebirds.net

Re: How to pronouncing haXe?

go2ghana
Am 03.06.2011 11:05, schrieb Lee Sylvester:

> It was named by a French person, so I guess it should be more like this
>
> http://translate.google.com/#en|fr|haxe
> <http://translate.google.com/#en%7Cfr%7Chaxe>

> Lee

BTW, is there any meaning related to the name?

Cordially,
Axel

RE: How to pronouncing haXe?

Lee Sylvester