Haxevideo: Max clients per thread reached

Haxevideo: Max clients per thread reached

Daniel Frith
Hi,

I get the error "Max clients per thread reached" every few days when
using haxevideo, requiring it to be restarted to work again.

However I don't believe this is simply due to too many connections and
high load, as these messages build up in frequency over a day or so
until no one can connect (despite it being low load and not many
people visiting). As if connections weren't getting removed correctly.

I've had a poke around in RealTimeServer.hx but I really lack the
understanding to figure out what is going wrong.

I put the full (and quite large) error log up here:
http://xzist.org/temp/haxeserverlog

Re: Haxevideo: Max clients per thread reached

Daniel Frith
Ok, so I see that the only way a connection is ended and "cleanup"
gets called is when a read or write socket returned by
neko.net.Socket.select() fails to either read or write.

So a socket could get "lost" if it is never returned by select()

Is this something that can possibly happen?

(it seems to me a client could simply timeout and thus it will never
be selected and no data will ever be read and it will never be
removed... what is the proper way to deal with timed out connections?)

On 2/25/10, Daniel Frith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get the error "Max clients per thread reached" every few days when
> using haxevideo, requiring it to be restarted to work again.
>
> However I don't believe this is simply due to too many connections and
> high load, as these messages build up in frequency over a day or so
> until no one can connect (despite it being low load and not many
> people visiting). As if connections weren't getting removed correctly.
>
> I've had a poke around in RealTimeServer.hx but I really lack the
> understanding to figure out what is going wrong.
>
> I put the full (and quite large) error log up here:
> http://xzist.org/temp/haxeserverlog

Re: Haxevideo: Max clients per thread reached

Thomas-8
> So a socket could get "lost" if it is never returned by select()
>
> Is this something that can possibly happen?
You may want to search the list for my messages about what I call the
"dreaded infinite loop trap". It sounds like a Saw VII maze, but
unfortunately it's reality.

--
VOD & visioconference - http://www.digiprof.tv

Re: Haxevideo: Max clients per thread reached

Daniel Frith
>From what I can work out you didn't find a solution and moved to Red5 ?

I keep downloading Red5 and poking around with it but I just can't
seem to get my head around it. Probably just my inexperience with
Java. I see the word "Bean" and my brain overheats.

I think I'll take a look at CRTMPServer for now. It's a shame though
because Haxevideo is so small and neat and easy-ish to understand.
Even *fun* to use...