Haxe seeded Random and deterministic math

Haxe seeded Random and deterministic math

dlots
I would like to use Haxe to write deterministic game simulations, Actionscript on the client and C++ on the server. At this point, i dont think I'll need deterministic (fixed point) math as its an isometric building game and there isn't a lot of unit movement. What I do need however is deterministic seeded random. Has anyone already done this?

Either way, I think it's important for haxe to have a deterministic math library and random so cross platform math actually works.

Re: Haxe seeded Random and deterministic math

dlots
Btw, it appears that for..in on Dictionary/Objects is not deterministic in Actionscript for anyone interested in the topic. I'll be posting my progress attempting to run deterministic game logic. My game on the server isn't run in real time but executes the simulation based on the timestamp of the submitted commands.