Haxe compiler -swf-lib and absolute paths

Haxe compiler -swf-lib and absolute paths

David Peek
Hi All,

Quick one this time, is there any reason -swf-lib shouldn't work with absolute paths? Relative works OK but absolute throws:
Error : SWF Library not found : /Users/username/etc

Cheers,
David

Re: Haxe compiler -swf-lib and absolute paths

Heinz Hölzer-2
i heard that there are other operating systems besides windows ;)

rumor has it someone with style is in the house / here
Am 15.06.2011 16:59, schrieb laurence taylor:
Is that copypasta, where's the disk letter?

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:54 AM, David Peek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Quick one this time, is there any reason -swf-lib shouldn't work with absolute paths? Relative works OK but absolute throws:
Error : SWF Library not found : /Users/username/etc

Cheers,
David

Re: Haxe compiler -swf-lib and absolute paths

clemos
Hi Laurence,

Disk letters don't exist in Linux or MacOS.
This path (/Users/username/etc) looks like a MacOS one.
In Linux it would likely be something like /home/username/etc.

AFAIK disk letters are Windows only...

Cheers
Clément

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:59 PM, laurence taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is that copypasta, where's the disk letter?
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:54 AM, David Peek <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Quick one this time, is there any reason -swf-lib shouldn't work with
>> absolute paths? Relative works OK but absolute throws:
>> Error : SWF Library not found : /Users/username/etc
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David

Re: Haxe compiler -swf-lib and absolute paths

David Peek
Of course, the problem is that I'm on a Mac! :P

OK not really, but amusing none the less :) Googled a bit more and found a solution in an existing issue (http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=72), basically there was an empty path in my HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH env var.

Will search more carefully in future :)

Bit of an edge case, but maybe worth bringing to the attention of the compiler team again :) *ahem*

Cheers,
David