Haxe and geany

Blue Sans douze
Hello everyone !

I've installed Geany with Haxe plugin (hxDev), but I can't make it works : I can compile with Shift F9 (I've created a makefile), and I have syntax coloration, but I can't make autocompletion works.

I've compiled Geany 0.14 from the source, and followed the readme of hxDev plugin.

Can someone help me ?

--
Sorry for my english.
Blue112

Re: Haxe and geany

Philipp Klose
Hi,

I think you need hxDev2 if you want haXe 2 autocompletion. But I also
never figured out how to compile geany + hxDev2 together... So any hints
are welcome!

Philipp

--
Philipp Klose
[hidden email]

ByteAnvil Ltd.
Schenkendorfstraße 53
04275 Leipzig

Registergericht Leipzig
HRB 23758

Geschäftsführer:
Christo Hille                 [hidden email]
Juraj Kirchheim               [hidden email]

Re: Haxe and geany

clemos
Hi

I don't know if you read the doc that comes with hxDev2.
You must get geany 0.14 sources, configure it for compilation. I'm not
sure but I think you'd better do it with ./autogen.sh rather than with
./configure. Don't know why, but I've had better results with that...
You must then open the 'build_plugin' script that comes with hxDev2
and fill it with appropriate values (paths).
Then, run the build_plugin script: it will patch geany's sources and
also the Makefile so that it compiles the neko plugin, then it should
build geany itself, and finally, build the neko module (Extras.n) and
put it in ~/.geany/plugins/neko
If the geany build fails at some point, you must try to go back to
geany's source directory, and run 'make' to finish the building
process, and also re-run the 'build_plugin' script, because it builds
the Extras.n only if geany's been compiled successfully...
After that, you should be able to 'make install'. Run 'geany -d' for
debug mode (to see if the plugin can be found, etc.). If you get
segfaults and you had another geany version installed before, you
should try to run 'geany -s -p' once to somehow "update" your ~/.geany
personal folder. (Please note that "Extras.n" should be installed for
every user.)

I love that tool, and wish it was easier to install, but I don't know
how to improve it...

+++++
Clément

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Philipp Klose <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think you need hxDev2 if you want haXe 2 autocompletion. But I also never
> figured out how to compile geany + hxDev2 together... So any hints are
> welcome!
>
> Philipp
>
> Blue Sans douze schrieb:
>>
>> Hello everyone !
>>
>> I've installed Geany with Haxe plugin (hxDev), but I can't make it works :
>> I can compile with Shift F9 (I've created a makefile), and I have syntax
>> coloration, but I can't make autocompletion works.
>>
>> I've compiled Geany 0.14 from the source, and followed the readme of hxDev
>> plugin.
>>
>> Can someone help me ?
>>
>> --
>> Sorry for my english.
>> Blue112
>
> --
> Philipp Klose
> [hidden email]
> VCard: http://www.byteanvil.com/PhilippKlose.vcf
>
> ByteAnvil Ltd.
> Schenkendorfstraße 53
> 04275 Leipzig
>
> Registergericht Leipzig
> HRB 23758
>
> Geschäftsführer:
> Christo Hille                 [hidden email]
> Juraj Kirchheim               [hidden email]

Re: Haxe and geany

Blue Sans douze
I've tried again, and failed again.
Geany don't found any plugin, and geany -d says :
** INFO: Geany 0.14, GTK+ 2.14.4, GLib 2.18.2
** INFO: Failed to open /usr/local/share/geany//filetypes.common (Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type)

That's all.
I have .geany/plugin/neko folder created, but geany ignores it.

What could I do to make it works ?