Haxe Std cross platform unit tests?

David Peek
Hey all,

The thread with Hugh RE cpp differences has reminded me of an idea thats been in the back of my mind for a while now: a suite of unit tests that could be run on each platform to verify "conformance". Does such a thing exist? I've noticed some basic language tests in the Haxe repo, but I'm talking about full coverage of all Std classes. It could eventually be extended to include performance tests too, as those would be a great way of pushing the compiler team to keep pushing the boundaries of what's possible with haxe :)

We (the company I work for) have done some work on cross platform unit testing (mainly around executing tests on a number of platforms in sequence from a command line tool, although this still needs some refinement, see munit on haxelib) and a suite like this would be of huge benefit for us – if only for peace of mind that our runtime is doing what we think it's doing. I'd be happy to get the ball rolling if nothing like this exists...

Cheers,
David

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Haxe Std cross platform unit tests?

David Peek
Hey all,

(sorry for the double post, last one got signed somehow... stupid mail.app)