Haxe Showcase

Re: Re: [haXe] Re: NME icons

Rob Fell
I totally agree, NME is a "product".  I really like the minimalist
option Michael provides.

As an alternative to diagonals and the seriousness of capital letters, I
offer an option using circles:
http://www.hypersurge.com/demos/haxe/nme_logo_003.png

I have assumed NME aka "enemy" is game centric?  If not then I'd go with
Michael's without hesitation!

Best, Rob

On 11:59 AM, Michael Baczynski wrote:

> some thoughts of mine:
>
> -don't use a crippled/derived version of the haXe logo for NME - haXe
> is a language, hxcpp is a haXe target, and NME is a product using
> both. so IMHO it's confusing if you reuse the haXe logo.
>
> -keep in mind that the logo should also work in 32x32 with a svg
> renderer, so we need something rather simple and clean. My initial
> design ('current icon - topmost) only uses straight lines and
> 45-degree lines which produces crisp result even with anti-aliasing.
>
> here is another variation of me initial theme, even more simplified
> http://polygonal.de/dev/nme/nme.png
>
> best,
> michael

Re: Re: [haXe] Re: NME icons

Tony Polinelli
Heinz - I like the blue touch. I think it works well in the ecosystem of haxe - the design is fitting and looks great.

Michael - I disagree that it is 'crippled' or confusing. hxcpp + haxe are core parts of the compiler. NME is a library - but at the moment very core to the success of haxe on mobile devices. I see no issue in the logos having a stylistic similarity - i would think that for marketing, this is a good thing.

I find the current logo too flat + serious. I see it takes the faceted elements of the new haxe logo + the colors, and references them, but without creating depth via sudo shadows. I think it lacks character however.

my 2 cents