Haxe/Molehill proof of concept...

David Peek
Greetings all,

So, I couldn't help but notice that Nicolas added the Molehill APIs to haxe trunk over the weekend. So rather than do any work today, I decided to port Michael's (polygonal) Simple 2D Molehill Example (http://lab.polygonal.de/2011/02/27/simple-2d-molehill-example/) from AS3 to Haxe.

A few notes:
1) I compiled haxe from source – I'm not sure if the new API's are in the nightly builds yet.
2) I also had to make a _tiny_ change to genswf.ml (line 554)
before: | 11. -> 12
after:    | 11. -> 13
Which I'm guessing is something to to with Adobe's insane player versioning these days..
3) I started porting AGALMiniAssembler to HaXe, then got mired in regex weirdness. So for the time being it's just using a swf-lib of the adobe util.
4) obviously you'll need the incubator build of the player to see it working (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/incubator/)

Anyhow, I thought I'd post the source here so other people can have a play :D

Cheers,
David

PS. Awesome work Nicolas! Two days after Adobe release the new player and already it's easier to target with HaXe than the Flex SDK :)