Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Robin Palotai
Hi,

We would like to publish some articles about Haxe game development.
Please let me know what topics are you interested in, either by
replying here or by commenting on the forum at
http://www.mindless-labs.com/blog/

(by the way, the subject may have as well been 'Request for Call for
Article', or 'Request for Article Request' ;)

Robin

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Tony Polinelli
its probably a little early  - but games for flash + iphone at the same time

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Laurent
Auneau<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Multiplayer games => Neko server w/ haXe remoting
>

> 2009/8/1 Robin Palotai <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We would like to publish some articles about Haxe game development.
>> Please let me know what topics are you interested in, either by
>> replying here or by commenting on the forum at
>> http://www.mindless-labs.com/blog/
>>
>> (by the way, the subject may have as well been 'Request for Call for
>> Article', or 'Request for Article Request' ;)
>>
>> Robin

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Robin Palotai
Oops, no macs or iphone here :/
But thank you for the idea anyway, I'm sure someone will jump on it ;)

Robin

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Tony Polinelli<[hidden email]> wrote:

> its probably a little early  - but games for flash + iphone at the same time
>

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Laurent
> Auneau<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Multiplayer games => Neko server w/ haXe remoting
>>

>> 2009/8/1 Robin Palotai <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We would like to publish some articles about Haxe game development.
>>> Please let me know what topics are you interested in, either by
>>> replying here or by commenting on the forum at
>>> http://www.mindless-labs.com/blog/
>>>
>>> (by the way, the subject may have as well been 'Request for Call for
>>> Article', or 'Request for Article Request' ;)
>>>
>>> Robin

> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Laurent Kappler
Multiplayer games => Neko server w/ haXe remoting +1

Robin Palotai a écrit :

> Oops, no macs or iphone here :/
> But thank you for the idea anyway, I'm sure someone will jump on it ;)
>
> Robin
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Tony Polinelli<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> its probably a little early  - but games for flash + iphone at the same time
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Laurent
>> Auneau<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Multiplayer games => Neko server w/ haXe remoting

>> Tony Polinelli
>> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Lee Sylvester
For those who are interested, my article on developing Flash apps with
Neko server and haXe remoting has been published in Flash and Flex
Developer magazine. The good news is, Flash and Flex Developer is now a
free download in PDF format, and is available from www.ffdmag.com.

laurent wrote:

> Multiplayer games => Neko server w/ haXe remoting +1
>

> Robin Palotai a écrit :
>> Oops, no macs or iphone here :/
>> But thank you for the idea anyway, I'm sure someone will jump on it ;)
>>
>> Robin
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Tony
>> Polinelli<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> its probably a little early  - but games for flash + iphone at the
>>> same time

>>> --
>>> Tony Polinelli
>>> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Laurent Auneau
For those who are interested, my article on developing Flash apps with Neko server and haXe remoting has been published in Flash and Flex Developer magazine. The good news is, Flash and Flex Developer is now a free download in PDF format, and is available from www.ffdmag.com.

A link or a clue to where it could be found on the site may be helpful
Laurent

Laurent Auneau wrote:

> A link or a clue to where it could be found on the site may be helpful
>
>     Laurent

Do I have to do everything myself ??? ;-)  J/k

http://ffdmag.com/index.php/rdownload/pdf/8398

You may have to enter your email address to download.

Happy reading.

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Ron Wheeler
Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> Laurent Auneau wrote:
>>
>> A link or a clue to where it could be found on the site may be helpful
>>
>>     Laurent
>>

> Do I have to do everything myself ??? ;-)  J/k
>
> http://ffdmag.com/index.php/rdownload/pdf/8398
>
> You may have to enter your email address to download.
>
> Happy reading.
>
> Lee

Got a blank page.

Ron

Ron Wheeler a écrit :

> Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:
>> Laurent Auneau wrote:
>>>
>>> A link or a clue to where it could be found on the site may be helpful
>>>
>>>     Laurent
>>>

>> Do I have to do everything myself ??? ;-)  J/k
>>
>> http://ffdmag.com/index.php/rdownload/pdf/8398
>>
>> You may have to enter your email address to download.
>>
>> Happy reading.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> Got a blank page.
>
> Ron

Maybe Lee you should recode ffdmag all in HaXe please. :]

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Lee Sylvester
If you go to the free content list (click the ad in the bottom left on
the home page), then download FFD mag issue 2/2009.

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Tony Polinelli
click the download on this page:
http://www.ffdmag.com/prt/view/back-issues/issue/831.html

then signup. Then click it again

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Lee McColl
Sylvester<[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you go to the free content list (click the ad in the bottom left on the
> home page), then download FFD mag issue 2/2009.
>
> Lee

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Lee Sylvester
Thanks Tony

Lee

Tony Polinelli wrote:

> click the download on this page:
> http://www.ffdmag.com/prt/view/back-issues/issue/831.html
>
> then signup. Then click it again
>

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Lee McColl
> Sylvester<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> If you go to the free content list (click the ad in the bottom left on the
>> home page), then download FFD mag issue 2/2009.
>>
>> Lee

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Robin Palotai
Good ideas so far!

- General overview: Agree, this is a must
- Multiplayer games: A very interesting one, i'm on the spot :)
- Gfx & Assets: true, often recurring (will wait for asset tool to be released)
- GUI: an always painful point, but can't avoid it on the long term
- Speed and memory: good idea, will try at some point

Robin

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Don-Duong Quach<[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about development of GUIs or workflow from the designer to getting
> assets into the game?  Maybe a series of articles giving an overall view of
> game development with haxe.
>
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Robin Palotai <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We would like to publish some articles about Haxe game development.
>> Please let me know what topics are you interested in, either by
>> replying here or by commenting on the forum at
>> http://www.mindless-labs.com/blog/
>>
>> (by the way, the subject may have as well been 'Request for Call for
>> Article', or 'Request for Article Request' ;)
>>
>> Robin

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Michael Norton
How about recommended ways for storing and retrieving maps and 3D data?
Recommended ways for optimizing sprite storage?

thanks

Mike

On Aug 4, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Robin Palotai wrote:

> Good ideas so far!
>
> - General overview: Agree, this is a must
> - Multiplayer games: A very interesting one, i'm on the spot :)
> - Gfx & Assets: true, often recurring (will wait for asset tool to
> be released)
> - GUI: an always painful point, but can't avoid it on the long term
> - Speed and memory: good idea, will try at some point
>
> Robin
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Don-Duong
> Quach<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How about development of GUIs or workflow from the designer to
>> getting
>> assets into the game?  Maybe a series of articles giving an overall
>> view of
>> game development with haxe.
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Robin Palotai <[hidden email]
>> >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We would like to publish some articles about Haxe game development.
>>> Please let me know what topics are you interested in, either by
>>> replying here or by commenting on the forum at
>>> http://www.mindless-labs.com/blog/
>>>
>>> (by the way, the subject may have as well been 'Request for Call for
>>> Article', or 'Request for Article Request' ;)
>>>
>>> Robin

Michael Norton
Michael  [hidden email]
Lisa        [hidden email]

pastedGraphic.tiff (78K) Download Attachment

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Heinz Hölzer-2
UDP Based Realtime Multiplayer Games would be great!

Robin Palotai schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> We would like to publish some articles about Haxe game development.
> Please let me know what topics are you interested in, either by
> replying here or by commenting on the forum at
> http://www.mindless-labs.com/blog/
>
> (by the way, the subject may have as well been 'Request for Call for
> Article', or 'Request for Article Request' ;)
>
> Robin

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Julien CASTETS
Hi,

What about debugging, timing and profiling performances/memory/network ?

Cheers
Julien

2009/8/4 Heinz Hölzer <[hidden email]>:

> UDP Based Realtime Multiplayer Games would be great!
>
> Robin Palotai schrieb:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We would like to publish some articles about Haxe game development.
>> Please let me know what topics are you interested in, either by
>> replying here or by commenting on the forum at
>> http://www.mindless-labs.com/blog/
>>
>> (by the way, the subject may have as well been 'Request for Call for
>> Article', or 'Request for Article Request' ;)
>>
>> Robin

Re: Haxe Game Development: Call for Article Request

Laurent Kappler

Make me think, what about Test Driven Developpement ?

cheers