HaXe flash to HTML 5 - Any easy way?

hortom
Hi!

If I use some swfs (int the swfs there are the gui, and graphics), fonts for library in my flashproject, there are any relativly easy mode to convert/compile the whole project into HTML 5?

Thanks for any answer!
Tom

Re: HaXe flash to HTML 5 - Any easy way?

Michiel Crefcoeur
There are some tools for this but ofcourse they all have limitations:

browser script (JS) that reads an SWF file and converts it to HTML5 on-the-fly:

seems to be down right now but this demo is still accessible:

does the conversion serverside and provides an HTML file for you.

Is this what you need?

2011/10/19 hortom <[hidden email]>
Hi!

If I use some swfs (int the swfs there are the gui, and graphics), fonts for
library in my flashproject, there are any relativly easy mode to
convert/compile the whole project into HTML 5?

Thanks for any answer!
Tom

Re: HaXe flash to HTML 5 - Any easy way?

Michiel Crefcoeur
found the smokescreen repo:
https://github.com/cesmoak/smokescreen

2011/10/19 Michiel Crefcoeur <[hidden email]>
There are some tools for this but ofcourse they all have limitations:

browser script (JS) that reads an SWF file and converts it to HTML5 on-the-fly:

seems to be down right now but this demo is still accessible:

does the conversion serverside and provides an HTML file for you.

Is this what you need?

2011/10/19 hortom <[hidden email]>
Hi!

If I use some swfs (int the swfs there are the gui, and graphics), fonts for
library in my flashproject, there are any relativly easy mode to
convert/compile the whole project into HTML 5?

Thanks for any answer!
Tom

Re: HaXe flash to HTML 5 - Any easy way?

hortom
Thanks for Your effort, but this is not a good solution, and I was not clear, enough.
So, I will try it again. :)

My usually way to make a flash project with HaXe, is the next:
1. I make an swf with SwishMax (more handy, then Adobe's Flash - by me), which contains the gui, and library's objects.
2. In Flashevelop I add this swf, to the library, then I do the code work.
3. Compiling into Flash, swf.

My question is, that there is any relatively easy solution, that in the 3th step I compile the project into HTML5, with all library elements of it?

I know, that jeash can make the code, and display list work in js, but how can I work with the library elements?

(Sorry for my bad English.)
Tom.

Re: HaXe flash to HTML 5 - Any easy way?

jlm@justinfront.net
Can you loop through the flash library in flash IDE with some jsfl ( or what ever it's called ) within flash, and get it to publish every movieclip as a scene? Then I guess convert the swf's to png's?

Timeline animation may take more work.  If your after vectors for canvas then try 'format' or similar (  hxswml? )?

I think there maybe some people with unfinished tools but currently is an area that maybe needs some work and some thought.

On 19 Oct 2011, at 18:24, Michiel Crefcoeur wrote:

[...]

Rob Fell
Hi Tom,

If  your "swf asset library" is raw elements only (e.g. BitmapData,
Sound, Font) then extracting jeash/js/HTML5 friendly assets is possible
with a decompile approach.  Either using an off the peg decompiler, or
write your own using haXe format lib or similar.  Advantage of the
latter is more flexibility and you can add it into your build pipeline.

Finally, abstract asset usage using an AssetManager factory for your
project, so your code doesn't need to know whether it's accessing an
embedded library (swf target), or raw files (js target).

Rob

On 11:59 AM, hortom wrote:

> Thanks for Your effort, but this is not a good solution, and I was not clear,
> enough.
> So, I will try it again. :)
>
> My usually way to make a flash project with HaXe, is the next:
> 1. I make an swf with SwishMax (more handy, then Adobe's Flash - by me),
> which contains the gui, and library's objects.
> 2. In Flashevelop I add this swf, to the library, then I do the code work.
> 3. Compiling into Flash, swf.
>
> My question is, that there is any relatively easy solution, that in the 3th
> step I compile the project into HTML5, with all library elements of it?
>
> I know, that jeash can make the code, and display list work in js, but how
> can I work with the library elements?
>
> (Sorry for my bad English.)
> Tom.

Re: HaXe flash to HTML 5 - Any easy way?

hortom
Thanks for Your answers!

So, I need some special tools, to convert the swfs - aka extract the mcs, fonts, properties, etc. Nice.