HTML5 & Related Technologies Type Definitions for HaXe

HTML5 & Related Technologies Type Definitions for HaXe

James Jackson-2
Hello Everyone (aka HaXe Community),

I have some exciting news for you.

I wanted to let you know that we have just open sourced our full HTML5 type definitions for HaXe entirely based on the W3C specifications. Now, this includes the HTML5 document specification, but, also, all the other cool technologies such as WebGL, Canvas, Web Workers, etc..  So, you can now strictly type JavaScript in HaXe. https://github.com/xirsys/stdjs/

We are also looking at open sourcing two other project's we have, ASAP.
Cube - This is a HaXe inspired MVCS framework similar to RobotLegs but is all built in native HaXe so can work on all targets.
Injector - This is a pure HaXe dependency injector inspired by SwiftSupenders, but is all native haxe so also works on all targets.

If you follow us on Twitter, you grab it the moment it is released. https://twitter.com/#!/XirSys/, if you have any questions about standard JS or our other tech, then follow us and send us your questions or just retweet it. That would be great. The more people who know about and can use it, the better.

As the specifications move at a rapid rate at the moment and new ones are coming out all the time, please post any issues on github. This can include any missing specifications, for example the new Web Audio API (https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html). We will look at adding this to the haxelib as soon as we got some time, so StdJS can remain feature complete.

I hope you like using this as much as I do. We are going to release some example usages of the lib as soon as we get time, but if you check out CommonJS (https://github.com/xirsys/stdjs/blob/master/haxelib/CommonJS.hx)... This is a little helper class I wrote to use the type definitions and should also give you an idea as to how to use them.

PS: Nicolas, the only amazing feature which would be great to have, which I'm sure you can't do at the moment, is have multiple methods of the same name, but with different signatures, listed in the external definitions (method overloading), how possible is it to add this feature as I will happy to update the HaXelib so it's fully strictly typed.

"JavaScript is a language you compile to, not hand code in.." - Thanks Nicolas and my fellow community members for haXe as it means I could build apps that would not be possible otherwise.

James

Re: HTML5 & Related Technologies Type Definitions for HaXe

tong-2
On 09/19/2011 01:33 PM, James Jackson wrote:
> As the specifications move at a rapid rate at the moment and new ones are coming out all the time, please post any issues on github. This can include any missing specifications, for example the new Web Audio API (https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html). We will look at adding this to the haxelib as soon as we got some time, so StdJS can remain feature complete.

https://github.com/tong/hx.html5/tree/master/webaudio
first! ;-) /t

--
[) | 5 |< † |2 3 3 - http://disktree.net

Re: HTML5 & Related Technologies Type Definitions for HaXe

Michael Cann
This is great news!

 Ill certainty be moving over to using these instead of my hacked together externs :)

Nice work guys

On 19 September 2011 12:33, James Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/

Re: HTML5 & Related Technologies Type Definitions for HaXe

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
@james: Can't you do method overloading for externs using @overload (http://haxe.org/manual/tips_and_tricks?lang=en) ? I've never used it but I thought that this is exactly what it was for!

Hope you've added this to the haxe.org site somewhere too!

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Michael Cann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sounds perfect...

Must of being something I must have over looked thanks Tarwin...
I look at doing it this week... should take a hour to two and add a few other specs i have seen :)

Not yet... :( I add it the moment i done the overloading updates :-)

James

Le 19/09/2011 13:33, James Jackson a écrit :
> Hello Everyone (aka HaXe Community),
>
> I have some exciting news for you.
>
> I wanted to let you know that we have just open sourced our full HTML5
> type definitions for HaXe entirely based on the W3C specifications. Now,
> this includes the HTML5 document specification, but, also, all the other
> cool technologies such as WebGL, Canvas, Web Workers, etc.. So, you can
> now strictly type JavaScript in HaXe. https://github.com/xirsys/stdjs/

Hi James,

Thank you for this !

I've added a tracking to make sure to remember to look at it for
possible inclusion in the haXe standard library (as we discussed @FOTB).

Please star the issue so you will be able to follow when I make comments
on it.

http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=512

Re: HTML5 & Related Technologies Type Definitions for HaXe

James Jackson-2
Thanks Nicolas,

Will do...

James