Gen-hx-classes problem , anybody can help me ?

Gen-hx-classes problem , anybody can help me ?

Fei Yin
Look in the attachment .

I write a simple hello world program , and generate a swf file hello.swf.

Then I try to run --gen-hx-classes option with this hello.swf . use command line:

haxe -swf-lib hello.swf --gen-hx-classes --no-output -swf-version 10 -swf foo.swf

In gen.sh , I write the error massage to error.txt file , so we can see the error.

hello.swf@Void:1: character 0 : Type name Void is redefined from module StdTypes

HaXe compiler version is 2.07. This problem was start from haXe 2.07 release until now . Is this a BUG or I use the --gen-hx-classes option wrong ? could anybody can help me for this ?
--
Yin Fei
From Icebirds.net

gen_hx_classes.tar.gz (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Gen-hx-classes problem , anybody can help me ?

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 09/08/2011 11:51, Fei Yin a écrit :
> Look in the attachment .
>
> I write a simple hello world program , and generate a swf file hello.swf.
>
> Then I try to run --gen-hx-classes option with this hello.swf . use
> command line:

There's currently one single known issue with both --gen-hx-class and
-swf-lib, which is that it doesn't work well with haXe-built SWF.

However, I'm not sure why you would like to do such a thing : try to
directly use the classes sources and not their -swf-lib version.

OTOH -swf-lib should work nicely with 3rd party (Flash IDE and/or AS3)
built SWFs, and you can improve the integration with type patches,
please read the details here : http://haxe.org/manual/swc

Re: Gen-hx-classes problem , anybody can help me ?

Jan_Flanders

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 09/08/2011 11:51, Fei Yin a écrit :

OTOH -swf-lib should work nicely with 3rd party (Flash IDE and/or AS3) built SWFs, and you can improve the integration with type patches, please read the details here : http://haxe.org/manual/swc

Nicolas

This post http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/gen-hx-classes-errors-td6299941.html also contains an example+attachment showing the issue. If needed I'll post it as a 'real ' issue on haxe.googlecode as well.

Thanks.

Jan

Le 09/08/2011 13:38, Jan Flanders a écrit :

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Nicolas Cannasse
>
>     Le 09/08/2011 11:51, Fei Yin a écrit :
>
>     OTOH -swf-lib should work nicely with 3rd party (Flash IDE and/or
>     AS3) built SWFs, and you can improve the integration with type
>     patches, please read the details here : http://haxe.org/manual/swc
>
>     Nicolas
>

> This post
> http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/gen-hx-classes-errors-td6299941.html also
> contains an example+attachment showing the issue. If needed I'll post it
> as a 'real ' issue on haxe.googlecode as well.

Yes, that would be helpful.

You can use type-patches to get around it by removing the offending
methods/vars, but that should be automatized in some way.

Re: Gen-hx-classes problem , anybody can help me ?

Mandala were using 2.06 for generating stubs for loading runtime
FlashIDE swf's into 2.07 haXe so I can't agree that it works nicely
with FlashIDE swf's, I can agree it works with well with some
workflows but the previous version worked well with other workflows,
the only issue is that it seems to be generating more stubs not
needed... I believe it should be possible to add a compile option for
this... ideally would be good if this can be addressed before next
release even if it just allowing you to choose between gen code... as
this would fix some of Jan's issues with the new gen as well.

So something like...

-gen-hx-classes
-gen-hx-classesOld

or

-gen-hx-classes
-gen-hx-classes -26

But I realize this maybe work and there are probably many issues
involved so I guess for the moment renaming 2.06 works.

Cheers

;J