Game engine demos showing unified flash and javascript.

Game engine demos showing unified flash and javascript.

Dion Amago
I've posted some demos showing the same simple "game" demo in flash and
two javascript variants:
http://dionamago.net/?p=406

The code for the three demos is identical except for the compiler
switches.  Included is panning, rotating, zooming, parallax enabled
layers, image loading, all platform independent (well the implementation
is hidden away).

The source for the demos will be posted soon.

Dion

Re: Game engine demos showing unified flash and javascript.

Dion Amago
Sorry, the link is wrong, it's this one:
http://dionamago.net/?p=410

Re: Game engine demos showing unified flash and javascript.

game flash
Nice work.  Did you use jeash?
What did you use for the css version?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:44 PM, dionjw <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, the link is wrong, it's this one:
http://dionamago.net/?p=410

Re: Game engine demos showing unified flash and javascript.

Dion Amago
No, I didn't use jeash.  For all demos, I used custom custom code for
the pushbutton port, hydrax: http://github.com/dionjwa/Hydrax

I've come to the conclusion that for writing games, if you already are
going to use a game engine such as the above, rewriting flash APIs is
quite a bit of overkill and unnecessary.  For example, the rendering
for css (instead of the canvas) is just three (not too big) classes.
In addition, in jeash, every DisplayObject is a canvas element, which
is quite a bit of overkill.

Dion

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Swf Games Online
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nice work.  Did you use jeash?
> What did you use for the css version?

Re: Game engine demos showing unified flash and javascript.

tom rhodes
this is really interesting stuff, would really like to see the source :)

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Nice work.  Did you use jeash?
> What did you use for the css version?

Re: Game engine demos showing unified flash and javascript.

Baluta Cristian
Canvas is too slow on iphone 4, css moves fine.

Baluta Cristian