GPU support for Flash 2D Gamming & Alchemy going into production

GPU support for Flash 2D Gamming & Alchemy going into production

James Jackson-2
Hello Everyone,

A couple of things to note..

As a still love building games in flash.. and of course haxe ;-) Adobe look like they been working with guys who created the sparrow framework and have made a 2D GPU framework for Flash, YAY!

Also Alchemy is also going into production release.

"We’ve been listening and have decided to invest in creating an improved version of Alchemy, which we plan to release as part of a paid production offering for commercial development. We intend to make non-commercial use free of charge.

The production release will offer significantly better performance and productivity over the Labs prototype. By re-architecting major portions of the technology, we aim to enable code execution approaching native performance, scalable support for large code bases, full debugging support, up to 75% reduction in code size, and seamless integration with ActionScript – all while reaching virtually every connected computer on the web."

James

Re: GPU support for Flash 2D Gamming & Alchemy going into production

Drakim
Native performance?!?

It's still going to run in the Flashplayer, is it not? I don't really see how that's supposed to work out.

Re: GPU support for Flash 2D Gamming & Alchemy going into production

davidedc
Well with jit all the bytecode is effectively compiled to native architecture before running... So with enough PR and marketing budget it should be close to native performance :-)

Pardon any typos, sent from my mobile.